Talend Open Studio v6.2.0 is now available for download

Community Manager

Talend Open Studio v6.2.0 is now available for download

Hey Talend Community!

We're happy to announce Talend Open Studio v6.2.0 is now available for free download for all our Community!
In case you're new in the neighborhood, note that you can freely download the Open Studio in various flavors depending on what you need to do:
[list=*]

The documentation for each of these products is available for download in pdf if you scroll down a bit the product download page
Or read it online on https://help.talend.com/ (create your talend account first if you haven't done so: http://www.talend.com/user/register).

The Enterprise v6.2 products will be available soon. Stay tuned and sign up for our monthly newsletter!

Thanks for being a part of our community,
The Talend team

One Star

Re: Talend Open Studio v6.2.0 is now available for download

Hello,
I want try TOS_DI 6.2 but I have a problem:  Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 (in log file)
I think it comes from the Java version.

My Java version is:

I use in my Path jre6.
So, what is the version of Java that the new version of TOS supports?

Best regards
Community Manager

Hi allaoua,
Yes, you're right, your issue must come from the wrong java_home path setting.
Please refer to the section Environment variable configuration: on Windows on this documentation page: https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Installation+requirements for more information about how to set your java_home path.
Your path should point to your Oracle JRE 1.7 or 1.8.
Note also that JRE 1.6 is no longer supported by Oracle and thus Talend doesn't support it either.
HTH
Elisa
Employee

Hi,
Is there any way we can get added components and features list for 6.2 subscription version. Some of the customers are interested to know and I have a couple of tickets. I can see the new features list in release notes for Talend Open Studio 6.2 but nothing for 6.2 subscription version. 
Community Manager

Hi
The 6.2 subscription products are not yet released. Release notes and What's new technical notes will be issued when the subscription products will be GA. Stay tuned, this should happen in few weeks.
Elisa
One Star

Data Integration: New Features

[size=4][font=noto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Salesforce connectors redesigned and are now completely broken.[/font][/size]

Unfortunately, you can't query any related fields anymore. Just try a simple query like the following:

[font=noto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]"Select Id, CreatedBy.Alias  from Account Limit 10"[/font]

Anyone can get a result for CreatedBy.Alias? Same is true for nested Queries like this one:
"Select Id, (Select Name from Contacts Limit 1)  from Account Limit 10"

This BugTracker Issue says this was supposed to be working in TOS TDI 3.1.4.

I am currently on 5.6.1 where the first kind of query is working, the second is not. This was the reason I started evaluating 6.2.0.

I hope this prevents some headaches. If you need this working, go to BugTracker Issue TDI-36337 and vote.
Community Manager

Hi Leostone

Quick advice for next time. It would be more efficient to create a new topic rather than jump into an existing one. This would give your issue more visibility.

I've seen that your JIRA was accepted and looked after.

Elisa

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch