New To ETl Tool - Talend . Please suggest best way to learn Talend.

One Star

New To ETl Tool - Talend . Please suggest best way to learn Talend.

Hi All,

I have decent experience  with ETL Tool Abinitio and wanted to learn Talend. Please suggest how to kick start and available resources that can help . 

Regards

Hitesh

Sixteen Stars

Re: New To ETl Tool - Talend . Please suggest best way to learn Talend.

The best way with Talend is to find something that might be useful to YOU and try it out with Talend. I always find that being limited to trying things out with dry business examples, is not motivating. With Talend you can try stuff out for you. Use it to interact with Twitter, Google, Facebook, your home automation kit, your Sonos speakers, combine social media resources with your home devices,....there is loads you can do. I have a website where I demonstrate how to do things like the above, but there are also loads of sites around which show some simple stuff to get started. THIS FORUM is a great resource for learning as well....arguably the best place to stay tuned in to. Have a look around here and look at some of the Talend hosted tutorials to get the basics. Then if you are interested in some more "fun" uses, come and have a look at my site (www.rilhia.com). Good luck and have fun :-)