Nine Stars

Are our old posts going to be moved across?

I cannot find my old posts. Are these old posts located in an archive somewhere or are we waiting for them to be ported across? It is sometimes easier to point to an old post rather than type the answer to an old question again.

Rilhia Solutions
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Are our old posts going to be moved across?

Hi rhall

Not all of posts, only the top posts are migrated to our new community portal. The old forum will be archived.

Thanks for your great contributions in our old forum, we look forward to your continued participation in our new community!

Regards Shong

----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
9 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hi rhall

Not all of posts, only the top posts are migrated to our new community portal. The old forum will be archived.

Thanks for your great contributions in our old forum, we look forward to your continued participation in our new community!

Regards Shong

Five Stars

This ain't great Smiley Sad
Nine Stars

Yeah, I have to admit that it is a bit frustrating not having the content available on here and the fact that many of us have completely lost our hard earned status is also a bit disappointing. 

Rilhia Solutions
Five Stars

Also the UI with about 2.5 messages per /screen/ leaves a lot to be desired. Call me a Luddite (Luddite!) but the clunky old forum was a goldmine (well, a silver mine maybe) and would be a severe blow to lose all that useful stuff...
Nine Stars

I think there are many positives to the new site, but there needs to be a better way of preserving the old posts.

I think the layout is quite nice, but agree that we need a way of increasing the content per page (is there a way @shong?). I very much like the ability to tag users Smiley Happy

The kudo system looks very promising. I'm interested to see how that works out. However I feel that resetting all users to 1 star may leave some of us who have posted a lot a little disenchanted by the perceived demotion.

Rilhia Solutions
Community Manager

Hi rhall

We have a list of top contributors including you, we will bump the top contributors to a high rank.

I think the layout is quite nice, but agree that we need a way of increasing the content per page (is there a way @shong?).

We will look into this.

Thanks!

Shong

Community Manager

Hi
I hear your frustration mhayhurst, but we had to make some cut. You have to realize that the old fluxbb forum was on since 2006 and beside the silver or gold nuggets you may be able to dig out (because you know your way in and out) there was a lot of junk out there that kept mislead our newest users.

We had to make a decision and we decided to elect a top range of posts and topics out of all our boards.

Of course we probably missed some posts of yours ;-) but we hope not too many and not the major ones. If you think so though, feel free to email us with the old link (if you still have it). We will post it somehow and credit you for it.

Cheers

Elisa

Community Manager

Thanks Richard for all the positives.
I think Laura, our Community manager, managed to give back the top contributors a bit of your past contribution level... We're still working this out (not the easiest Lithium feature to work with to be honest...) and hope to make it better as we get more familiar with our new tool... It's new for everyone Smiley Happy
Community Manager

We did "reward" the top users.

If I missed anyone, rest assured that it's not intentional. Feel free to PM me for questions/concerns/etc. Thank you for your patience.