How to register with Talend Support

Talend Version           

Summary

How to register with Talend's Support portal if you have an active support license.
Additional Versions  
Key words Registration
Product  
Component  
Article Type  
Problem Description  
Problem root cause  
Solution or Workaround

If you hold a valid support license, you are entitled to register with Talend's Support portal so you can open tickets any time you run into an issue or have a question. This is a three step registration process:

• Creating a Talend user account
  • Registering with the Support portal
  • Testing your account.

Registration

Create a Talend user account

The first step is to navigate to the Talend Web site and create a user account. Use this link to the User Account page to sign up:

https://login.talend.com/register.php

Register with the Support portal

The second step is to register with the Talend support portal. Note: You must complete step 1 in order to successfully register with the Support portal. Use this link to navigate to the Customer Portal Self Registration page:

https://www.talend.com/communityregistration/

Once you have the registration page opened in your browser, fill in the information as follows:

1. Type in your account code. The code is provided by Talend, so if you do not have one, ask your Talend representative for it.
  2. Enter your email address, then click the box next to it to find your username. Once the username is found, it will auto-populate the rest of the fields.
  3. Click Submit. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.

Test your account

Test that your account works as expected using this link:

https://talend.okta.com/

FAQs and Troubleshooting

Question:

I am trying to sign up with your website but it says my email address is already used. What can I do now?

Answer:

You may already have an account created. You can request a password reset for your account, or you can use an alternate email address instead. If you need to have your email address changed after you register, you must send an email to support.us@talend.com. Include the following information to expedite a response:

• Email address that you registered with
  • Username
  • What company/code you are using

Question:

I do not have an account code. How can I obtain one?

Answer:

The fastest way is to contact your Talend representative, and they will provide you with the code. Alternatively, you can email sales@talend.com with the following information, and they will respond back with the code:

• Your name
  • Your telephone number
  • The company you work with

Question:

When I enter my account code it says it cannot be found. What can I do now?

Answer:

Ensure that you are entering your account code correctly. Additionally, be sure not to include any spaces before the code. If you still get the same message, send the Support team an email with the issue at support.us@talend.com. Include the following information to expedite a response

• Username
  • What company/code you are using

Question:

When I try to register on the Support portal I get a message that I have exceeded the number of users allowed to register. What can I do now?

Answer:

If you receive this message, that means your license has already reached the maximum number of supported users. At this point, it is best to contact your Talend Administrator and send an email to support.us@talend.com.

Question:

I registered with the Support portal and can access my account, but I do not see any apps. What can I do?

Answer:

If your apps are missing or you cannot see them, you will need to email support.us@talend.com with a description of the issue. Provide the following information:

• Username you registered with
  • Account code
  • A screen shot of what you see when you log into the suppport portal

Question:

I registered with the Support portal and have access to my account, but when I log in I cannot locate my license. What can I do?

Answer:

You must contact Talend Support for a closer look at your account, as you may not be assigned to a license. Send an email to support.us@talend.com. Provide the following information:

• Username you registered with
  • Account code
  • A screen shot of what you see when you log into the suppport portal

Question:

I need to make a change to my account but the site does not allow me to. What can I do now?

Answer:

Some things cannot be changed on the user side, and you will need to email support.us@talend.com with the changes that you are requesting. Your username is tied to multiple websites and will require changes to be made on more than one side, so it's best to contact Talend for these changes.

Question:

I have registered and can access my account, but I can't see my team's open/closed tickets. What can I do?

Answer:

By default, you can only see tickets that you opened with your own account. If you need to see other team members' tickets, send an email to support.us@talend.com requesting that this feature be enabled for you. You must get permission from the primary license holder for a Talend representative to process your request, so it is a good idea to copy your primary license holder on the email to Talend, as written approval is needed to enable this feature. If no approval is sent, your request cannot be fulfilled by a Talend representative.

Things to avoid when registering with the Talend Web site or Support portal

1. If you need more than one account, don't use the same email address for both.
  2. Don't use the same username twice to register.
  3. Avoid using special characters for your username, such as the @ symbol, # sign, and * symbol.
JIRA ticket number  
Version history
Revision #:
7 of 7
Last update:
‎07-11-2017 07:43 PM
Updated by:

Labels (1)
Tags (1)