One Star

[resolved] Issue writing to HDP 2.0 from Talend 5.4.1

Downloaded the most recent Hortonworks HDP Sandbox (v2.0) and latest Talend Open Studio for Big Data (v5.4.1) on 2/10/14. I am able to interact with and upload data to the HDP VM through the Hue interface. However, when trying to upload data via Talend as per the tutorial available online at ___http://hortonworks.com/kb/how-to-connectwrite-a-file-to-hortonworks-sandbox-from-talend-studio/___ I am receiving the following error:
Starting job createrow at 17:03 10/02/2014.
connecting to socket on port 3958
connected
: org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.deprecation - fs.default.name is deprecated. Instead, use fs.defaultFS
: org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader - Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
: org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell - Failed to locate the winutils binary in the hadoop binary path
java.io.IOException: Could not locate executable null\bin\winutils.exe in the Hadoop binaries.
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.getQualifiedBinPath(Shell.java:278)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.getWinUtilsPath(Shell.java:300)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.(Shell.java:293)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.StringUtils.(StringUtils.java:76)
at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getTrimmedStrings(Configuration.java:1546)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.(DFSClient.java:519)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.(DFSClient.java:453)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.initialize(DistributedFileSystem.java:136)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:2433)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:88)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getInternal(FileSystem.java:2467)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:2449)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:367)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$1.run(FileSystem.java:156)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$1.run(FileSystem.java:153)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1491)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:153)
at firsttest.createrow_0_1.createrow.tRowGenerator_1Process(createrow.java:632)
at firsttest.createrow_0_1.createrow.tHDFSConnection_1Process(createrow.java:364)
at firsttest.createrow_0_1.createrow.runJobInTOS(createrow.java:1010)
at firsttest.createrow_0_1.createrow.main(createrow.java:875)
: org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient - Exception in createBlockOutputStream
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketIOWithTimeout.connect(SocketIOWithTimeout.java:206)
at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.connect(NetUtils.java:529)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream.createSocketForPipeline(DFSOutputStream.java:1303)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.createBlockOutputStream(DFSOutputStream.java:1128)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.nextBlockOutputStream(DFSOutputStream.java:1088)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.run(DFSOutputStream.java:514)
: org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient - Abandoning BP-1578958328-10.0.2.15-1382306880516:blk_1073742537_1717
: org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient - Excluding datanode 10.0.2.15:50010
: org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient - DataStreamer Exception
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(java.io.IOException): File /user/root/testfilez could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1). There are 1 datanode(s) running and 1 node(s) are excluded in this operation.
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager.chooseTarget(BlockManager.java:1384)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:2503)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.addBlock(NameNodeRpcServer.java:555)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.addBlock(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:387)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java:59582)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:585)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:928)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2053)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2049)
at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1491)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:2047)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1347)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1300)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:206)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy9.addBlock(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:186)
at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:102)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.addBlock(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:330)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.locateFollowingBlock(DFSOutputStream.java:1226)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.nextBlockOutputStream(DFSOutputStream.java:1078)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.run(DFSOutputStream.java:514)
Exception in component tHDFSOutput_1
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(java.io.IOException): File /user/root/testfilez could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1). There are 1 datanode(s) running and 1 node(s) are excluded in this operation.
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager.chooseTarget(BlockManager.java:1384)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:2503)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.addBlock(NameNodeRpcServer.java:555)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.addBlock(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:387)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java:59582)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:585)
disconnected
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:206)
at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:186)
at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:102)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.addBlock(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:330)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.locateFollowingBlock(DFSOutputStream.java:1226)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.nextBlockOutputStream(DFSOutputStream.java:1078)
: org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient - Failed to close file /user/root/testfilez
Job createrow ended at 17:03 10/02/2014.
Based on research online, I have verified that the data node is running and is not full (see attached cluster summary image). I have seen similar issues to this one with other versions of HDP/Talend in online forums, none of which has provided a solution. I am trying to have a tRowGenerator in Talend generate 100 rows and then output them into Hadoop via the tHDFSOutput. Every time I run the job I am receiving the error. I have the following configured in Talend:
tHDFSConnection:
Hadoop Version: Hortonworks Data Platform V2.0.0(BigWheel)
NameNode URI: "hdfs://127.0.0.1:8020/"
User name: "root" (have also tried "sandbox" and "hue")
tHDFSOutput:
File Name: "/user/root/testfile" (have tried "/" and "/user/hue/testfile")
tRowGenerator:
Configured to generate 100 rows, each with two string and 1 int columns.
The tHDFSConnection is connected to the tRowGenerator via an OnComponentOk trigger, and the tRowGenerator is connected to the tHDFSOutput via a Row Main.
Can anyone please suggest a solution to this connectivity issue? Thanks in advance for your advice!

6 REPLIES
Employee

Re: [resolved] Issue writing to HDP 2.0 from Talend 5.4.1

Hello,
The first issue is not a Talend problem, but a Hadoop issue:
: org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell - Failed to locate the winutils binary in the hadoop binary path
java.io.IOException: Could not locate executable null\bin\winutils.exe in the Hadoop binaries.
The second one looks to be a network issue. In your tHDFSConnection, you shouldn't use the IP address but the hostname of your namenode.
One Star

Hi,
In regards to the second issue, I have updated the tHDFSConnection to use the hostname (sandbox.hortonworks.com) instead of the IP (127.0.0.1). Note: this hostname is bound to this IP, so I'm not sure that that made a difference. My NameNode URI is now "hdfs://sandbox.hortonworks.com:8020". However, after making this change I am still receiving the same error as before where the only datanode on this VM is being excluded, and thus the data fails to replicate and I am left with a 0 byte file.
Do you have any additional suggestions to try? Thanks!
Employee

Hello,
I have created a short movie in order to explain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG3nQAfkEyM&feature=youtu.be
Cheers,
One Star

Hi,
rdubois - thank you for taking the time to make that video. To resolve the issue I was facing I first went to my Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager and changed the network settings for my Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 VM to be attached to the Host-Only Adapter (it was previously attached to NAT by default). This led to a very different IP address in the sandbox than what I had been getting previously. I then followed the steps in your video and was able to write to HDP from Talend.
I had tried the steps in your video without making the change to the VM settings, and it still was not working, so it appears this is a necessary step.
Thanks again for your help with this - I'll mark this issue as resolved.
Employee

Hi dgoverman,
Yes you are right, the NAT connection mode is not working worrectly with Virtual Box.
Using the Host-Only adapter or the Bridge option is better.
In the contrary, NAT works well with VMWare.
Good to see your issues are resolved.
One Star

Thanks Remmy,
It's so simple once the correct procedure is followed. Wish that video had been available 2 weeks ago.
I also had the problem with Virtual Bax - using that as it was recommended on Hortonworks web site.
Thanks again
Jan