Where is HDFS, HUE in 6.2 Sanbox

One Star

Where is HDFS, HUE in 6.2 Sanbox

I can honestly say 5.6 version of Big Data Sandbox was easy and quick... Everything was there in the sandbox, no online headache. Just installed 6.2 sandbox - Even with 50 MBps line, it took one hour to setup and install everything. I thought my problem is solved. But then I don't see Cloudera docker installed - Even cookbook, Talend has not mentioned url for HDFS, Hue ( which was not the case 5.6 version ). 
I can open Talend and design jobs alright - but where is cloudera HDFS & Hue. Need help - I have only 29 days to try everything out on this Smiley Happy 
P.S. - and What in world is this Weave Studio??????

Seven Stars

Re: Where is HDFS, HUE in 6.2 Sanbox

I'm facing same issue... Where is url for HDFS & Hue? 
Employee

Hi,  I would like to understand your problems and help you fix them.  Can you please provide some more information.
Did you Download the sandbox from the talend.com website or receive a USB drive with the sandbox on it?  If you downloaded from the website, how long ago?  We recently made some changes to drastically improve the initial configuration of the sandbox - it shouldn't take longer than 7-10 mins.
What is your host machine (Windows or Mac)?  How much RAM does your machine have and how much are you able to dedicate to the Sandbox VM?  Are you using VMWare or Virtualbox?
Where are you installing/testing the sandbox?  In some cases, a corporate firewall can throttle or even block some of the internet traffic from the sandbox.
Once the sandbox .ova file is imported into the chosen player and the user starts the VM, it should go through an 8-step configuration process.  At the end of the process, the VM will reboot itself.  Upon reboot, the VM has to initialize the base docker containers (i.e. cassandra and kafka).  During this time you will see popup messages indicating progress.  When the sandbox is fully online, you will get a popup that indicates "System is Ready!!" If you have the USB version of the sandbox, you will need to fill out and submit the online form that displays in the web browser which will then redirect you to the distribution download page.  Otherwise, the distribution download page will display immediately.  From here, click your desired distribution and that will begin a process to download an install the distribution along with the necessary Project artifacts and examples.  When complete, the system will again reboot to register and initialize the new container(s).
Once a distribution has been successfully installed, there will be new bookmarks available in the Firefox web browser that will give you access to the distribution resource manager as well as the HDFS file browser.  In the interest of keeping the vm a reasonable size, we did not install HUE, but the HDFS file browser will give you access to the HDFS directory structure (just without the fancy UI of HUE).
As for WeaveScope, It is a web-based UI that indicates what docker containers are connected and running inside the VM.
Seven Stars

Hi dwilmer,
Please see my answers in bracket () below - 
Did you Download the sandbox from the talend.com website or receive a USB drive with the sandbox on it? (talend.com website) If you downloaded from the website, how long ago? (30 Sep 2016)  We recently made some changes to drastically improve the initial configuration of the sandbox - it shouldn't take longer than 7-10 mins.
What is your host machine (Windows or Mac)? (Windows)  How much RAM does your machine have and how much are you able to dedicate to the Sandbox VM? (12 GB, I'm able to allocate 10 GB to VM) Are you using VMWare or Virtualbox? (VMWare)
Where are you installing/testing the sandbox? (On my personal laptop)  In some cases, a corporate firewall can throttle or even block some of the internet traffic from the sandbox.
Once the sandbox .ova file is imported into the chosen player and the user starts the VM, it should go through an 8-step configuration process.  At the end of the process, the VM will reboot itself.  Upon reboot, the VM has to initialize the base docker containers (i.e. cassandra and kafka).  During this time you will see popup messages indicating progress.  When the sandbox is fully online, you will get a popup that indicates "System is Ready!!" (I saw all of this as a part of installation) If you have the USB version of the sandbox, you will need to fill out and submit the online form that displays in the web browser which will then redirect you to the distribution download page.  Otherwise, the distribution download page will display immediately.  From here, click your desired distribution and that will begin a process to download an install the distribution along with the necessary Project artifacts and examples.  When complete, the system will again reboot to register and initialize the new container(s). (I selected Cloudera)
Once a distribution has been successfully installed, there will be new bookmarks available in the Firefox web browser that will give you access to the distribution resource manager as well as the HDFS file browser. (Not able to see this in Firefox)   In the interest of keeping the vm a reasonable size, we did not install HUE, but the HDFS file browser will give you access to the HDFS directory structure (just without the fancy UI of HUE).
As for WeaveScope, It is a web-based UI that indicates what docker containers are connected and running inside the VM.
Employee

Thank you for your response.  Your machine should be more than sufficient to host the sandbox.
However, a technical issue has come to our attention regarding the ability to select a distribution after sandbox installation. We have fixed the problem and refreshed the download link:

https://info.talend.com/prodevaltpbdsandbox2-0.html

If you launched the sandbox after October 5th, you may need to download it again and reinstall.  You can also review the following forum post for more information about the issue including a manual resolution.

https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=53481

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions or need additional assistance with the sandbox, please do not hesitate to contact us via the forum or through email at customercare@talend.com. We will be happy to help.
Seven Stars

Hi dwilmer,
Thank you very much for quick response. I'll download the sandbox again but will I get 30 day trial now? I'll install on it on a desktop with much better configuration. I'll let you know if I've any further queries. 
Employee

Yes, the new download will include another 30-day license.  The new license will be activated from the time you first boot up the sandbox.