Four Stars

Sqoop import job has failed

Hi Team,

I am connecting mapr sandbox where sqoop is installed. While connecting from Talend I am getting below error. Tried searching over forum but didnt find any answer. Most of the questions are unanswered. Really appreciate your help.

Starting job test at 00:58 03/09/2017.

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3708
[statistics] connected
[WARN ]: org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader - Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
[WARN ]: org.apache.sqoop.ConnFactory - $SQOOP_CONF_DIR has not been set in the environment. Cannot check for additional configuration.
Note: \tmp\sqoop-inbmahapat20\compile\92f43e1bd2a2d11393a376b27613bdb1\EMPLOYEE.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
[WARN ]: mapreduce.Counters - Group FileSystemCounters is deprecated. Use org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.FileSystemCounter instead
[WARN ]: mapreduce.Counters - Group org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Task$Counter is deprecated. Use org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TaskCounter instead
[ERROR]: org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool - Error during import: Import job failed!
Exception in component tSqoopImport_2
java.lang.Exception: The Sqoop import job has failed. Please check the logs.
at hadoopproject.test_0_1.test.tSqoopImport_2Process(test.java:551)
at hadoopproject.test_0_1.test.tLibraryLoad_1Process(test.java:403)
at hadoopproject.test_0_1.test.runJobInTOS(test.java:825)
at hadoopproject.test_0_1.test.main(test.java:682)
[statistics] disconnected
Job test ended at 00:59 03/09/2017. [exit code=1]

4 REPLIES

Re: Sqoop import job has failed

Hello,

Could you please indicate on which talend build version you got this issue? Talend V 6.4?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

It is 6.3 TOSBD.

Hello,

What's your MapR and client environment? Did you use Addtional Argument in advanced settings of tSqoopImport component?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,

I am using MapR-Sandbox-For-Hadoop-5.2.1 and mapr-client-5.2.0.39122GA-1.amd64.

Also I am able to login to sqoop shell. I have tried all permutation combination in talend but no luck so far.

Thanks for your help