One Star

Source Code For Sandbox Cookbook Examples

Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't see any way to search the forum.
I need to be able to access the generated source code (Java?) for the cookbook examples.  I've run the first one successfully and now I want to be able to explain to someone else (my boss) how one goes from graphical workflow to (hopefully) some kind of domain specific language (DSL) to source code.
Appreciate any pointers while I dive into the documentation.

3 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Source Code For Sandbox Cookbook Examples

Hi,
You can access the generated source code from any Talend Job by opening the job in the designer window and then clicking the "Code" tab at the bottom of the Designer Window.  See attachment...

When trying to connect to Hortonworks 2.2.0 hive database using talend 5.6.2. Its throwing following error. What should i do??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
connecting to socket on port 3910
connected
: DataNucleus.Persistence - Property datanucleus.cache.level2 unknown - will be ignored
Hive history file=/tmp/root/hive_job_log_root_201510301135_245493532.txt
FAILED: Hive Internal Error: java.lang.RuntimeException(org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: Server IPC version 9 cannot communicate with client version 4)
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: Server IPC version 9 cannot communicate with client version 4
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Context.getScratchDir(Context.java:170)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Context.getMRScratchDir(Context.java:210)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Context.getMRTmpFileURI(Context.java:267)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.SemanticAnalyzer.getMetaData(SemanticAnalyzer.java:1112)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.SemanticAnalyzer.analyzeInternal(SemanticAnalyzer.java:7524)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.BaseSemanticAnalyzer.analyze(BaseSemanticAnalyzer.java:243)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:431)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:336)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:909)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.HiveServer$HiveServerHandler.execute(HiveServer.java:191)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.executeQuery(HiveStatement.java:187)
at ftfcu_test.test_hive_connection_0_1.Test_Hive_Connection.tHiveInput_2Process(Test_Hive_Connection.java:613)
at ftfcu_test.test_hive_connection_0_1.Test_Hive_Connection.runJobInTOS(Test_Hive_Connection.java:1126)
at ftfcu_test.test_hive_connection_0_1.Test_Hive_Connection.main(Test_Hive_Connection.java:983)
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: Server IPC version 9 cannot communicate with client version 4
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1092)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Invoker.invoke(RPC.java:229)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy6.getProtocolVersion(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC.getProxy(RPC.java:411)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.createRPCNamenode(DFSClient.java:120)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:321)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:286)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.initialize(DistributedFileSystem.java:100)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:1386)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:66)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:1404)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:254)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.getFileSystem(Path.java:187)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Context.getScratchDir(Context.java:163)
... 13 more
Exception in component tHiveInput_2
java.sql.SQLException: Query returned non-zero code: 12, cause: FAILED: Hive Internal Error: java.lang.RuntimeException(org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: Server IPC version 9 cannot communicate with client version 4)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.executeQuery(HiveStatement.java:189)
at ftfcu_test.test_hive_connection_0_1.Test_Hive_Connection.tHiveInput_2Process(Test_Hive_Connection.java:613)
at ftfcu_test.test_hive_connection_0_1.Test_Hive_Connection.runJobInTOS(Test_Hive_Connection.java:1126)
at ftfcu_test.test_hive_connection_0_1.Test_Hive_Connection.main(Test_Hive_Connection.java:983)
disconnected
Job Test_Hive_Connection ended at 11:35 30/10/2015.
One Star

Any solutions? I am getting the same message from Simple_Hive_Row_Input from the Talend sandbox. I imported the Big Data Demo project and opened the first Hive Job. Running job I get this message in the log:
: hive.log - Got exception: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException Server IPC version 9 cannot communicate with client version 4