Not able to connect to MDM using metadata Talend Sandbox

Highlighted
Seven Stars

Not able to connect to MDM using metadata Talend Sandbox

Hi everyone,

I'm using Talend Big Data Platform 6.3 sandbox. I'm trying to connect it to a Talend MDM server installed on my Host machine (Talend MDM version 6.3/6.4 & 7.0... tried it on all these version). I'm getting following error - 

Not able to connect to MDM server, please check your MDM settings. 

Here is status on MDM server instance running - 

1) It is up and running 

2) Tried accessing it through browser on Host machine & VM... opens and I'm able to login to web UI, no problem

3) I'm able to connect to same MDM server using Talend MDM community edition without any issues

4) I even tried loading data to it using community edition, again no problems there.

5) Additional point - I've installed all additional packages (Help -- Install Additional Packages option)

I'm not sure why Talend Sandbox is not able to connect to the MDM server. Any ideas? I really need help with this one. Adding screen shots for reference. 

Re: Not able to connect to MDM using metadata Talend Sandbox

Hello,

From your description, your MDM server is running well. Are your talend bigdata Sandbox able to connect to hive server?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Actually not.... I was about to start new topic for that. I'm also not able to connect to Hive & MySQL on Sandbox. Tried to install it on different machine... same issue. Following is the error I'm getting 

Connection failure, check the database settings or contact your database administrator.
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.sql.SQLException: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://talend-cdh580.weave.local:10000/default: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)

Can you please help me with this. Following are Hive connection properties (please see attached file)

Hello,

If you want run BD components from Studio - You must have them installed and configured on local machine hdfs and other components.

In case of sandbox - build Job from Studio and transfer all to Cloudera VM, run it locally on VM.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Put Massive Amounts of Data to Work

Learn how to make your data more available, reduce costs and cut your build time

Watch Now

How OTTO Utilizes Big Data to Deliver Personalized Experiences

Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences

Blog

Talend Integration with Databricks

Take a look at this video about Talend Integration with Databricks

Watch Now