One Star

Is Spark and Storm components available in Talend 6.0 BigData Sandbox?

Hi
Could you please confirm if Spark and Storm components are available in Talend 6.0 Big Data Sandbox?
I did not find them in Open studio.
Also do we have Kafka and Storm engines natively installed in the Sandbox? Can we get some working examples of Kafka-Spark and Kafka-Storm connectivity.
We are trying for real-time data streaming and analytics using Spark/Storm/Kafka and checking the viability of Talend for the same.
Thanks In Advance,
PM

5 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Is Spark and Storm components available in Talend 6.0 BigData Sandbox?

Hi,
Please reply.
Community Manager

Hi TalendPiggy Smiley Happy,
Sorry for the delay.
I'm afraid the new Big Data sandbox will only be available with the latest 6.0 enhancements some time in November. Note also that it will only include Spark component, not Storm.
However feel free to fill out a contact form to be recontacted by a Talend representative so that you can discover our Real-Time Big Data platform solution.
Cheers
Elisa
One Star

Hi Elisa,

Please let me know, whether Storm and Spark components available in Talend Enterprise edition?

Regards,

Subramaniyan

Hi Subramaniyan,
Please let me know, whether Storm and Spark components available in Talend Enterprise edition?

Do you mean Talend Big Data(We have changed new product name from "Talend Enterprise Big Data" to
"Talend Big Data" since 6.0)?
Spark components were delivered as Technical Preview in v5.6 but couldn't leverage the full Studio big data capabilities such as turning a standard Job into an M/R Job then into a Streaming Job.
The effortless migration of a M/R jobs to Spark was one of the key requirements in our 6.0 (subscription) roadmap.
However the development of this capability involved an overal change of the way we handled Spark so that it becomes natively part of the Code generator.
The maintenance issue made it impossible for us to keep two different sets of components generating Spark (given all links to Hadoop distros and versions) and thus we had to drop the initial tSpark** components.
Please
get more details on our Talend 6 "What's New" page:http://www.talend.com/products/talend-6
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
We are looking for Kafka/Spark/SparkSQL solution in Talend.  I have Talend Big Data Sandbox v5.6 and it has tSpark components.  Is Talend 6.0 is available for free download?  I tried to download (Spark Real-Time Big Data) from the link which you gave.  But, it again downloads only v5.6 and not v6.0.  When can we get Talend 6.0?
Please suggest the version for Kafka/Spark/SparkSQL solution in Talend.
Regards,
Subramaniyan