Four Stars

Installation of Talend Sandbox on Cloud

Hello

I have been trying to install Talend sandbox on Microsoft Azure cloud platform. 

I configured a Windows 2016 server with 4 CPU and 25 GB RAM.

I have been able to download the sandbox ova file and mount it using Oracle virtualbox. Whenever I start it, it keeps crashing the host windows machine. Please note I have used default settings for the sandbox in Virtualbox (2 CPU, 8 GB RAM) , but still keeps crashing the host windows machine. I have tried this multiple times and it crashed on all the below stages

1. Initial sandbox setup and initialization

2. When talend tries to download the 'Required third party libraries'

3. When i finally try to open the Talend studio.

Is this a known problem? Is Talend Sandbox not supposed to be installed on a cloud VM? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Please note - i have tried this on google cloud Linux VM as well but was unable to start the sandbox as 3d acceleration was not enabled on the google cloud linux VM.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I have been struggling to get this setup for the last 2 weeks, but to no avail !.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES

Re: Installation of Talend Sandbox on Cloud

Hi,

Could you please indicate which Talend Sandbox build version you are trying to install?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: Installation of Talend Sandbox on Cloud

Hi

It was the latest version from your website 

Talend_6.3-BigData_Sandbox_1.7-vbox

But i gave up on the idea of installing on cloud as it kept crashing host machine. I got machine with enough CPU and memory to install the sandbox.

Thank you.