One Star

Containerization - Are the server components available as Docker image

Hi Folks,
I just started a new job and they have docker-ized everything here. Rather than downloading all the server components and building my own image, just wondering if anyone has already done it ?
Ideally, have Talend done it ?

8 REPLIES

Re: Containerization - Are the server components available as Docker image

Hi,
So far, talend bigdata product don't have docker image feature.
If you want to get started with real-time big data, please check Talend Bigdata Sandbox( a ready-to-run virtual environment).
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Does Talend Open Studio support in Docker?

Hi ctsbala,
What's your job requirement about Docker?
Is this new feature jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/PMUP-247 what you are looking for?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I have managed to get every Talend component to run in Docker.  See this link  for some info.  I have also posted the TAC Docker files to github here.  For licensing reasons you will need to supply your own TAC files but the directory structure and where to place them is listed at the bottom of the README.md.
Six Stars

xdshi - the link doesn't work
benriggleman - as I marked on the thread you shared - good stuff.
Four Stars

Hello
Is there a script (Python/Perl/Shell) to download on Linux (CUI)? wget to the docker link doesn't work.
Thanks,
Azhar

Hi,
This security level of  this jira issue has been set as Talend internal (Only Talend employes will be able to see the issue). It is still unresolved. We will keep you posted on this issue.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Four Stars

Hi benriggleman

In the docker compose file it is mentioned as [TAC IMAGE NAME], is this something the image that we have to build our own? 

docker run -td -v {exposed log dir}:/logs -p 80:8080 -p 8050:8050 -p 9419:9419 -p 7890:7890 -e MYSQL_HOST="{MYSQL IP}" {TAC IMAGE NAME}

Could you please confirm?