One Star

Big Data Sandbox 5.5 and Open Studio 5.6.1

Hi all,
I can see the latest sandbox available for download is 5.5 offering studio version 5.5.1. I would like to use spark components which are available in studio version 5.6.1. 
I installed studio 5.6.1 within the sandbox and imported Jumpstart, but I see the two sub-folders within Job Designs ("Standard Jobs" & "Map/Reduce Jobs" ) are not getting created during import into studio 5.6.1. Only "Standard Jobs" getting imported but within the top level folder "Job Designs". "Map/Reduce Jobs" are not imported at all.
Firstly I didn't understand why to segregate into two folders in studio 5.5.1. So I don't mind if somehow I can get the "Map/Reduce Jobs" inside the parent "Job Designs" folder.
Please if someone can give some inputs or if someone has tried upgrading studio to latest version 5.6.1 within sandbox.
Thanks
Suds

4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Big Data Sandbox 5.5 and Open Studio 5.6.1

Hi Suds
Map/reduce jobs are only available in Talend enterprise subscription product, what's why you can't import them into Talend community version 5.6.1.
BR
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Employee

Hi Suds123,
Talend has recently released the latest versions of the Big Data Sandbox.  It includes Talend Platform for Big Data 5.6.1 with either Cloudera 5.2, Hortonworks 2.2 or MapR 3.1.  The Sandbox with Cloudera has working Spark example.  You can download the new sandbox at www.talend.com/talend-big-data-sandbox
One Star

Dear all,
 I want to know that  Enterprise Big Data 30 days trail version will have TAC or not?
Employee

The Sandboxes does not come with TAC installed due to the already large VMs.  If you get 30 Trial Download of the Enterprise you can then install TAC with those install files.