While accessing a file from Sharepoint, the tHttpRequest component fails with the error: "Request failed:403 Forbidden"

Symptoms

A Job is designed with a tHttpRequest component to download a file available in Sharepoint. The Job fails at the tHttpRequest with the following error:

Exception in component tHttpRequest_1 (Jb_Tsharepoint)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Request failed:403 Forbidden
403 FORBIDDEN
at dev_ascensia_crm.jb_tsharepoint_0_1.Jb_Tsharepoint.tHttpRequest_1Process(Jb_Tsharepoint.java:696)
at dev_ascensia_crm.jb_tsharepoint_0_1.Jb_Tsharepoint.runJobInTOS(Jb_Tsharepoint.java:1085)
t dev_ascensia_crm.jb_tsharepoint_0_1.Jb_Tsharepoint.main(Jb_Tsharepoint.java:911)
[FATAL]: dev_ascensia_crm.jb_tsharepoint_0_1.Jb_Tsharepoint - tHttpRequest_1 Request failed:403 Forbidden

Diagnosis

The 403 FORBIDDEN error is expected, as the resource (file) is not shared in Sharepoint. To use the tHttpRequest component, the file must be shared.

Solution

The resource URL to be provided for the tHttpRequest component can be created by sharing the file from the Sharepoint website following the steps given in the following image:

share_files_sharepoint.png

The shared URL can be copied to the component to make the Job run successfully.

Version history
Revision #:
6 of 6
Last update:
‎09-29-2018 12:12 AM
Updated by:

Comments
Eight Stars

Hi @kalokala,

I tried with your method.But still I am getting HTTP 403 Forbidden

Eight Stars

Hi @agershenson,

Can you please let me know you have able to download or upload any file using your method?

Employee

Hi @abhi90,

I was able to download the file by trying the steps given in the above KB. Please open a Case with us. We can assist you further. 

Regards,

Karthick

Support Engineer (Big Data, Java)

Talend Support 

Eight Stars

Hi @kalokala,

Can you please let me know how to open case as mentioned by you. I will open the same in that case as I am stucked up in this for last 2 weeks

Eight Stars

Hi @kalokala,

Can you tell me the procedure to open a ticket

Community Manager

Hi abhi90,

Please go to https://www.talend.com/services/technical-support/. You will need to log in, or register if you haven't accessed Talend Support before.

HTH,

Alyce

Eight Stars

Hi @kalokala@agershenson,

I went to the link you provided. But it is asking for the License Account Code. As of Now we are developing using License. We are using only Open Studio 6.4 Versions. we have a plan to buy a License for our project very soon. Can i log any assistance Ticket where without License Code I can log the Ticket?

Community Manager

Hi abhi90,

You must have a Support license to file a support ticket. I think you can buy a support license for the Open Studio, but without that you can't log a support ticket.

HTH,

Alyce