How to export and import an execution plan from one TAC to another

Talend Version       6.4.1

Summary

Exporting and importing an execution plan.
Additional Versions  
Product Talend Data Integration
Component Talend Administrator Center
Problem Description

Exporting and Importing of execution plans from one TAC to another is not a feature that is available directly. This functionality can be achieved using the MetaServlet API.

Solution or Workaround

The Metaservlet API can be used for exporting and importing of execution plans.

There are two phases:

1. Exporting execution plans:

To export the execution plan, use the following command and JSON arguments, which provide you the list of execution plans available within TAC.

Syntax:

MetaServletCaller.bat --tac-url=TAC_URL --json-params="{"actionName":"listExecutionPlans","authPass":"TAC user password","authUser":"TAC_USERNAME"}

Example:

MetaServletCaller.bat --tac-url=http://localhost:8080/org.talend.administrator --json-params="{"actionName":"listExecutionPlans","authPass":"admin","authUser":"admin@company.com"

2. Importing execution plans:

To import the execution plan, use the following command and JSON arguments.

Syntax:

MetaServletCaller.bat --tac-url=TAC_URL --json-params="{"actionName":"listExecutionPlans","authPass":"TAC user password","authUser":"TAC_USERNAME"},"result":Output of listExecutionPlans command

Example:

MetaServletCaller.bat --tac-url=http://localhost:8080/org.talend.administrator --json-params="{"actionName":"importExecutionPlan","authPass":"admin","authUser":"user@talend.com","result":{"executionTime":{"millis":9,"seconds":0},"result":{"ExecutionPlan":[{"errorStatus":"OK","execPlanTimeOut":0,"idQuartzJob":11,"label":"ex1","planId":11,"planParts":{"endDate":"2017-09-04 13:43:18.0","partJobPrms":[],"partRequestId":"1504512788672_FBZIi","partStatus":"NONE","partType":"NONE","planId":"ex1","planPartId":6,"planPartTaskId":"24_aug_execplan","startDate":"2017-09-04 13:43:09.0","useParalle":false},"planPrms":[],"requestId":"1504512788533_pKrD7","status":"STOPPED"}]},"returnCode":0}

Note: The solution is not applicable to a large number of execution plans.
Version history
Revision #:
7 of 7
Last update:
‎09-29-2018 12:16 AM
Updated by:

Comments
Six Stars

Thank You.

Four Stars
This seems to fail if my payload is too big. I've tried duplicating a big plan (over 30 tasks) and the API doesn't return a response. I want to duplicate and merge plans without spending hours clicking in the UI.
Four Stars
This seems to fail if my payload is too big. I've tried duplicating a big plan (over 30 tasks) and the API doesn't return a response. I want to duplicate and merge plans without spending hours clicking in the TAC interface.
Community Manager

Hi Ciprian,

Sorry for the delay in replying - you will get more discussion of your problem if you post it to the Community discussion forums. If you need additional assistance, please contact Talend's Support team at 

https://www.talend.com/services/technical-support/.

HTH,

Alyce

Four Stars

Hi,

How do I import and export single execution plan. Is there any command to do so ? as listofexecutionplans would give all the plans in the list and I have many of them.

Community Manager

Hi haritharamini,

If you haven't already, please ask your question on one of the Community discussion forums. If you need additional help, please contact Talend Support at the link above.

HTH,

Alyce