tGreenPlumGPLoad on Windows

One Star

tGreenPlumGPLoad on Windows

I am using the tGreenPlumGPLoad component to load data into a GPDB using Talend. I have setup the gpload utility in my machine on which i am running Talend. However, when i run the talend job, i see the following error:

Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot run program "C:\Program Files (x86)\Greenplum\greenplum-loaders-4.2.8.3-build-2\bin\gpload.py": CreateProcess error=193, %1 is not a valid Win32 application
at 

I am able to load the same file into GPDB by runnning the gpload utility (the same one in the above path) from the command line, without any issues. However, i seem to be unable to load it through talend.
I am running this on Windows 7, using Talend Enterprise 5.4.1.
I have installed Python 2.5 (32 bit) as well.

Re: tGreenPlumGPLoad on Windows

Hi janardankelkar,
Could you please show us your tGreenPlumGPLoad component setting screenshot? You are able to execute the gpload.py command from the Windows commandLine?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Uploaded the screenshots. The context values are all correct and i have verified them , so i know thhat there is no issue with the context values/substitution. 
Yes, i am successfully able to load the same file using gpload from my command line (from the same machine where i am trying to run the Talend job).
One Star

Not able to upload the screenshots!

Hi janardankelkar,

Are you able to upload your image by chicking "Upload" button or dropping your file into "Drop files here to attache them" field directly?
Feel free to let us know if you have any problem on it.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I am able to do both, i dont get any errors, however, the attachment doesnt appear in my post, i can just see the file name,

Hi,
Please keep screen captures and images up to 200KB(.png  is preferred).

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
I think I know your problem - ish - as I 'was' having the same issue.
I installed gpload tools,created a .yml file to test and loaded a file to my database no problem so I know all works.. However in command line you RUN GPLOAD, which calls upon gpload.py but you personally do not run that file - Your user (should) be set to accept the 'greenplum_loaders_path.bat' and this is what you need to specify in the gpload component too (I think).
However from here on I ran into a problem.. When I run the component this is what I get:
connected
Setting up PATH for Greenplum Loaders
LOADERS environment variables configured successfully.
disconnected
.. but if I give the component a non-existent file, table or schema name it still says the same thing: Plus, no matter what I say it will not load data (I think it isn't even trying.. Not sure).
I hope some of this is helpful, and I hope you can from here help me ^.^
As a bonus - Have a bunny!
( )( )
(^.^)
(") (")
Four Stars

Even I am facing some problem as above
Can any one respond on this ASAP.
I am attaching screenshots