scheduling and monitoring jobs

One Star

scheduling and monitoring jobs

Hi, did you ever think about creating some job scheduling and monitoring tool, or do you know some you could suggest me?
Thank you

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: scheduling and monitoring jobs

Hi!
Go in Window / Show view...
Open the Talend Item and select the Scheduler subItem.
Click on Ok.
You may have now a new tab called "Scheduler" !
Regards,
Fabrice

All Replies
One Star

hey, no answer to this question?
maybe it is a bit premature to talk about this issue?
or it is a stupid question?
One Star

PLegall has write in an other post :
Talend Open Studio has a "Job design" module. This graphical module let you design the job that will migrate your data from Oracle to Sybase. Once designed, the job is translated to a Perl script. This Perl script can be run from Talend Open Studio but can also be sent to another computer, not running Talend Open Studio but where Perl is installed, of course.

To schedule you can use this one :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jobscheduler/
One Star

As a scoop and in addition to favre's answer, Talend will release Talend Open Scheduler in a few weeks.
Open Scheduler is an Eclipse RCP GUI which generates Cron compatible entries.
Open Scheduler will be released with Talen Open Studio 1.1M1 in a few weeks.
You can find below a screenshot.
Thanks for your comments & suggestions.

Regards,
Fabrice
One Star

PLegall has write in an other post :
Talend Open Studio has a "Job design" module. This graphical module let you design the job that will migrate your data from Oracle to Sybase. Once designed, the job is translated to a Perl script. This Perl script can be run from Talend Open Studio but can also be sent to another computer, not running Talend Open Studio but where Perl is installed, of course.

To schedule you can use this one :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jobscheduler/
Did anyone use the above tool to schedule Talend jobs? I tried but I have to copy the files into the scheduler/jobs directory, and even after doins so, i get an error because the scheduler cannot find the ###_Routines.pm file...While I am waiting for the Talend scheduler, can you describe how one can schedule a Talend job with the above tool?
Thank you very much
One Star

Where is the scheduler annouced in Talend Studio V 1.1M1? I cannot find it...
One Star

Hi!
Go in Window / Show view...
Open the Talend Item and select the Scheduler subItem.
Click on Ok.
You may have now a new tab called "Scheduler" !
Regards,
Fabrice
One Star

Hi,
I entered 2 jobs in the scheduler to run concurretnly i.e running two different jobs at the same time. Even after entering the details , the scheudler did not run the jobs concurrently even though date and timings are same. Is there any else required to run the jobs mentioned in scheduler? Is is sufficient if the entries are made in scheduler and it works fine? I am confused. Please let me know how the scheduler works. Thanks in advance
One Star

See my answer in this thread: 4958