[resolved] trouble connecting with MSSQL with JAVA Talend

[resolved] trouble connecting with MSSQL with JAVA Talend

hi,
i need to connect to MSSQL using NT AUTHENTICATION (no username or password)
i receive the following message when i try to test the connection:
I/O Error: SSO Failed Native SSPI library not loaded. Check the java.library.path system property.
where do i get started to solve this one?
i understand that it is not a solely Talend problem, but i have not found a solution in java related forum (i am not searching for the right thing)
thanks,

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] trouble connecting with MSSQL with JAVA Talend

Hi
Maybe you could find the solution in the following link:
http://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-18787
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

All Replies
One Star

In order to use Windows authentification, the MSSQL JDBC driver requires a DLL. Download the driver here : http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=33291
You will find in the folder SSO a file called ntlmauth.dll. Put it in c:\windows\system32 and restart TOS. Then create a new MSSQL connection, and leave user & password fields empty. You should be able to connect to MSSQL with your windows account.
One Star

I've done as jgottero has said but I am still getting the error message. What else can I do/check? I have tried other programs (SQL Server, Advance Query Tool, Aqua Data Studio) and have been able to connect with out any issues. Any help will be much appreciated.
One Star

In order to use Windows authentification, the MSSQL JDBC driver requires a DLL. Download the driver here : http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=33291
You will find in the folder SSO a file called ntlmauth.dll. Put it in c:\windows\system32 and restart TOS. Then create a new MSSQL connection, and leave user & password fields empty. You should be able to connect to MSSQL with your windows account.

Bumping an old post. Tried the above and it seems to work. But...
Let's say I want to login using another domain user, how would I do that? If I leave the user & password empty it uses current logged in windows user. But if I specify another domain account user then it returns with an error... Any ideas? Smiley Sad
(I have added user and pasword and server in "Manage passwords" in User Accounts)
One Star

Bumping an old post. Tried the above and it seems to work. But...
Let's say I want to login using another domain user, how would I do that? If I leave the user & password empty it uses current logged in windows user. But if I specify another domain account user then it returns with an error... Any ideas? Smiley Sad
(I have added user and pasword and server in "Manage passwords" in User Accounts)
.....and maybe I was too quick to post! Smiley Very Happy
I added information in the Additional parameters box: user=<USR>;password=<PWD>;domain=<DOMAIN> and it seems to work. I'll go back to sleep... Smiley Happy
One Star

I click on the link for this file and I don't see an SSO folder?
One Star

I click on the link for this file and I don't see an SSO folder?

Click on the link for the latest version (See text on page looking something like this: "Looking for the latest version? Download jTDS 1.2.5 (535.9 KB)") and download the compressed file (a zip file). Extract the zip package to some temporary folder on your disk. Then you should see a sub-folder called ia64\sso or x64\sso or x86\sso depending on which version you want. For 32-bit OS choose x86\sso\ntlmauth.dll from the zipped package.
Seven Stars

Rather than placing the ntlmauth.dll in c:\windows\system32, you should place it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin (for 32-bit/x86) or C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin (for 64-bit/x64). This will allow both 32-bit and 64-bit Java to use Windows authentication to SQL Server on a 64-bit machine. (32-bit Java on a 64-bit machine does not find ntlmauth.dll in c:\windows\system32.)
One Star

Hello

I upgraded to Windows 7 Professional x64 and now talend can´t connect to sql server anymore.
I already placed ntlmauth.dll into the bin directories of all java installed and on windows\system32 but still can´t connect.
I can connect on SQL server with iReport just putting the dll on the bin directories.
I´m using the zip version of talend (no installation needed)
Any idea?

Thanks
One Star

Hi
Just forgot to mention that I tried x32 and x64 talend launchers.
regards
One Star

Hi
Just forgot to mention that I tried x32 and x64 talend launchers.
regards

Hi,
I have the same problem. Does somebody found a solution in the meantime?
regards
E.
Community Manager

Hi
Maybe you could find the solution in the following link:
http://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-18787
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

I added information in the Additional parameters box: user=<USR>;password=<PWD>;domain=<DOMAIN> and it seems to work. I'll go back to sleep...
One Star

Hi All,
I downloaded the folder and placed the Dll files in two places as mentioned I closed talend and relaunched again I was able to connect using windows authentication but after some time I was not able to again.
help required.
Thanks
Sri
One Star

The suggested locations above (in the JDK bin, in the JRE bin, in system32) for ntlmauth.dll did not work for me on Windows 7 Pro x64 running the 64-bit TOS on a 64-bit JVM.
I even added a simple little Java component:
System.out.println(System.getProperty("java.library.path"));

...and that included the attempted locations, taken from the system PATH as expected.
However, placing ntlmauth.dll in the root of TOS (same folder as TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe) made it work. I have an acceptable workaround, but if anybody knows why the other java.library.path locations don't work, I'm curious to know.
Seven Stars

For an exported job, ntlmauth.dll can be placed in whatever is the "current directory" when java.exe is called. Since the standard batch file to launch a job changes the current directory to the location of the batch file before calling java, place the DLL in the same folder as the batch file.