One Star

[resolved] setting up TOS source code in windows.

I have downloaded code from
and imported into eclipse. but i am getting lot of error regarding jars missing.
and plugins missing in manifist.MF file.
if anyone can guide me how to setup TOS on windows or have a ready setup on windows it will be really helpful. 
at least give me required plugins n jars. 
Thanks,
Pankaj
9 REPLIES

Re: [resolved] setting up TOS source code in windows.

Hi,
Actually, you cannot install Talend Open Studio as an Eclipse plugin. Talend Open Studio product is built with Eclipse RCP Skeleton but is an independent product.
So far, Talend offers open source skills and solutions. If you want to develop an app similar to Talend, launch Talend application from Talend source code is the best way to learn Eclipse skill and Talend. 

You can download source code from here: https://github.com/Talend/studio-se-master#build-the-open-source-studio

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
"If you want to develop an app similar to Talend, launch Talend application from Talend source code is the best way to learn Eclipse skill and Talend
"
1.How do i launch talend application from teland source code????
i couldn't do that because there are errors in project due to missing jars .
actually i wanted to use talend source code and customize it to my needs.
can i do that on windows???
Thanks,
Pankaj

Hi,
Did you download Talend source code from github?
https://github.com/Talend/studio-se-master
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

hi,
I downloaded code from -------
as i am interested in data integration module of talend.
One Star

link : github.com      /Talend/           tcommon-studio-se
sry m not able to post links
One Star

NOW I DOWNLOADED CODE      https ://github.com   /Talend/  studio-se-master . but i still have many compilation errors .can you plz tell me what are third party dependent jars i need to download.or how to set up dependency.
Thanks,
Pankaj
One Star

hi,
i am getting this error while building project
No goals have been specified for this build. You must specify a valid lifecycle phase or a goal in the format <plugin-prefix>:<goal> o
r <plugin-group-id>:<plugin-artifact-id>:<goal>. Available lifecycle phases are: validate, initialize, generate-sources, pr
ocess-sources, generate-resources, process-resources, compile, process-classes, generate-test-sources, process-test-sources, generate-test-res
ources, process-test-resources, test-compile, process-test-classes, test, prepare-package, package, pre-integration-test, integration-test, po
st-integration-test, verify, install, deploy, pre-clean, clean, post-clean, pre-site, site, post-site, site-deploy. ->
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.NoGoalSpecifiedException: No goals have been specified for this build. You must specify a valid lifecycle phase or
a goal in the format <plugin-prefix>:<goal> or <plugin-group-id>:<plugin-artifact-id>:<goal>. Available lifecycle phases ar
e: validate, initialize, generate-sources, process-sources, generate-resources, process-resources, compile, process-classes, generate-test-sou
rces, process-test-sources, generate-test-resources, process-test-resources, test-compile, process-test-classes, test, prepare-package, packag
e, pre-integration-test, integration-test, post-integration-test, verify, install, deploy, pre-clean, clean, post-clean, pre-site, site, post-
site, site-deploy.
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:94)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:307)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:193)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:106)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:862)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:286)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:197)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)

For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:

what should i do???

Hi,
Did you follow up sectionhttps://github.com/Talend/studio-se-master#build-the-open-source-studio to build open source studio? We don't get any error on our side.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
I was able to build and run talend code successfully.
Thanx for all the help.

Thanks,
Pankaj