One Star

[resolved] localhost server connection in MDM

I am unable to connect to localhost in MDM. I have tried admin/talend, user/user and administrator/administrator as UID/Password. When I write localhost:8080, it gives the Apache tomcat page. I tried to start Jboss as Windows service. May be there is conflict in ports. Unable to start the localhost after many attempts. Pl. help how to go about it.

• Talend MDM Server
  • Talend MDM Web UI
11 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] localhost server connection in MDM

Hi
Are you trying to access WebUI in browser or connect to MDM server in Talend Studio? Can you access Web UI with following url and login with administrator/administrator?
http://localhost:your_port/talendmdm/secure/
To check a port is used or not, simply execute the following command in a command prompt. For exmale:
DSmiley Embarassednetstat -ano
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Shoong,
I am unable to connect to WebUI. I tried http://localhost:8080/talendmdm/secure/
Google explorer could not connect to page
Then I tried CSmiley Embarassednetstat -ano
Port 8080 is free and is not associated with any server.
Pl. let me know if there is any bug.
Community Manager

Hi
When you installed MDM, do you use the embed Jboss or use an existing Jboss? Try to launch Jboss server by executing run.bat, which is located in /jboss-4.2.2.GA/, instead of starting Jboss as Windows service. Once Jboss server is started, try to open http://localhost:8080 in browser and see if it opens the Jboss home page.
Shong
One Star

I have not used any other jboss other than what was archived in your MDM file. While installing I have selected not to start Jboss as windows service. Further, in cmd prompt when I wrote run.bat(after going to installation directory) I received >run.bat -b 0.0.0.0
Finally the server is not starting.
Community Manager

Hi
First, make sure you have set the JAVA_HOME environment variable, please read Environment variable configuration, if the server is still not start, please paste the server log, which is located in \jboss-4.2.2.GA\server\default\log.
Shong
Shong
One Star

Shoong,
I verified JAVA_HOME in environmental variables. There is no problems. I work on Talend Integration very smoothly. But unfortunately the log file you referred to is not available in the location you specified. I saw only four folders- conf, deploy, data and lib. I found two jar files log4j, log4jsnmp-appender in lib folder. Is the software I downloaded from your website is corrupt. Should I again download Talend MDM. Pl let me know.
Sushant
Community Manager

Hi
It sounds like the installation is not complete, there are 7 folders under server folder and there should be many jars under lib folder, more than 60 jars. Try to install Talend MDM again.

Shong
One Star

Hi Shong,
I downloaded MDM software again and installed it. Now I am able to connect to localhost. Thanks for your support.
Sushant
One Star

Hi,
  I am using Talend MDM version (TOS_MDM-Server-20150702_1326-V6.0.0) and having similar issue of not able to connect localhost server from talend MDM studio.Please suggest some work around.I have also tried with above options and still not resolved
Community Manager

Hi adas_talend
Which OS? Which JDK? Please describe what you have done with some details.
Best regards
Shong
One Star

Hi adas_talend
Which OS? Which JDK? Please describe what you have done with some details.
Best regards
Shong

Hi Shong,
   I am using windows 7 and JDK is 1.7.Firstly I have installed MDM server from MDM software version-TOS_MDM-All-20150702_1326-V6.0.0 which include MDM Open Studio and MDM server.After installing the server from the mentioned download file I started the server from the location from my machine directory location-D:\adas\MDM_Server_6\apache-tomcat-8.0.20\bin\start.
Server started succesfully which has been shown in Java runtime window and at the same time I am able to open server page from my browser using URL- with user as administrator.
Now I have extracted MDM open studio file and opened the file TOS_MDM-win32-x86 from location D:\adas\Talend_MDM\TOS_MDM-Studio-20150702_1326-V6.0.0.
Once MDM open studio is opened with new/demo project now I am trying to connect MDM server.While connecting to MDM server with following connection information (attached screenshot file) it is returning error message as 'To check connection settings as it is returning error'.
I have gone through all the posts till now for similar issues and applied possible workaround suggestions mentioned in all the posts but no resolution.
Please note the MDM open studio version TOS_MDM-Studio-20150702_1326-V6.0.0 does not allow to configure server so I am using Open studio version TOS_MDM-Studio-20150508_1414-V5.6.2 with MDM server version-TOS_MDM-Server-20150702_1326-V6.0.0.I am not sure both are compatible or not.
Please suggest some workaround.
In addition to that I have used port 8080 for the MDM server to use.Please find complete screenshot about the error.