One Star

[resolved] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError on all jobs

Hi
My installation troubles appear to continue Smiley Happy After unzipping and running TOS, I fired up the demo project.
When trying to run any job (the 3 I have tried so far, including the priorTest job), I get the following error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: talenddemosjava/priortest_0_1/priorTest
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: talenddemosjava.priortest_0_1.priorTest
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
I'm on a Mac running Mac OS X 10.6.7 and running TOS Version 4.1.2. My Java version reports as
$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_24"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07-334-10M3326)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.1-b02-334, mixed mode)
I found several threads with the same problem, but most were somewhat older and none really specified a way to fix it. Anyone tried something similar?
regards,
Henrik Nielsen
7 REPLIES
One Star

Re: [resolved] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError on all jobs

I'm having exactly the same problem.
I'm on the same version of Mac OS X and Java. I'm using TIS 4.1.2... but for these purposes I'm sure it's the same as TOS 4.1.2.
TOS 4.0.2 works fine (same machine, same OS, same Java). So it seems to be a regression in Talend.
At first I thought it was likely to be classpath issue, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I think this is the key problem:
1. Create any job with any component.
2. Click on the "Code" tab.
Expected result: there will be some code. (Duh!)
Actual result in TOS 4.1.2: there is no code.
Given that there is no code... it's not surprising that there is no generated class file and therefore a class not found problem.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Regards,
Matt
One Star

Hmm... I quit and then restarted. The problem went away.
It seems like a real problem since lots of folks have run into it. (I'm not crazy.) But the priority is pretty low if a single restart solves it.
-Matt
One Star

@Matt: Nice catch on the lack of code, hadn't checked that.
For me, a reinstall (i.e. unzipping a new copy of TOS) seems to have solved it for now, but so far the experience on Mac OS X has been far from confidence-inspiring. I seem to have better luck in my virtual Windows 2008 environment so far.
So: Problem resolved itself more or less, but I'm none the wiser as to what was wrong.
br,
Henrik Nielsen
One Star

I also had the problem that under mac osx it didn't generate any code, when I went to the preferences in TOS, and changed the jre setting from 1.4 to 1.6, it generated the code again.
Greetings,
Peter
Community Manager

I also had the problem that under mac osx it didn't generate any code, when I went to the preferences in TOS, and changed the jre setting from 1.4 to 1.6, it generated the code again.
Greetings,
Peter

It is helpful information for other users who meet the same problem on Mac osx, note that Talend requires Sun JDK 1.5 or higher.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

It is helpful information for other users who meet the same problem on Mac osx, note that Talend requires Sun JDK 1.5 or higher.

yes, of cousre.

oh! Smiley Surprised
now i know it also have problem in mac osx. which helps me aware. Smiley Happy