[resolved] connection failure you must change db settings talend 6.2

One Star

[resolved] connection failure you must change db settings talend 6.2

Hi
We installed Talend Open Studio for Data Integration Version: 6.2.1.
Java 8,jre1.8.0_102.
JAVA_HOME was set in variables .(i attached the configuration file)
I tried to create in metadata db connections to oracle (oracle 11 with sid ) and sql server and the check failed for both them with the error:Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
 at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
 at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1089)
 at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$46.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3173)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$46.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
      at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getDriver(JDBCDriverLoader.java:121)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:146)
I checked that the modules required for oracle are installed (see the picture)
i also installed the data fabric 6.2 with trial license on the same machine and connections to oracle and sql server works fine.
Do you have any ideas how to solve the problem?

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] connection failure you must change db settings talend 6.2

Hi
The problem was in JAVA_HOME definition.i changed it to point to jdk + installed jre in talend points to the same jdk and now it works.
Regards Katya

All Replies

Hi,
Did you set your java environment correctly? How did you set your classpath?
We can't see the screenshot on our side. Could you attach it on the forum, please? That would be great.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi I set
JAVA_HOME=C:\Talend\jre1.8.0_102
PATH= C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;D:\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\client_2\bin;D:\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\client_1\bin;C:\ProgramFiles\Oracle\Java\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Talend\jre1.8.0_102\bin
JAVA -VERSION
PS H:\> java -version
java version "1.8.0_102" 
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_102-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.102-b14, mixed mode)
sys_prop_2… .txt

Regards Katya

Hi,
What's the version of oracle you are choosing in the DB connection wizard? Did you check if ojdbc5.jar or ojdbc6 have been installed in your studio?
Best regards
Sabrina 
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi 
i choose oracle with sid. vesion 11
in modules i see that ojdbc6 is installed.
i can connect to  the db from sqlplus.exe
Regards Katya

Hi,

Does this issue repro on Talend 6.1 or 6.2.0? Have you tried to use ojdbc7.jar to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--

Hi,
Is there any update for your issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi
The problem was in JAVA_HOME definition.i changed it to point to jdk + installed jre in talend points to the same jdk and now it works.
Regards Katya

Hi,
Great it is fixed. Thanks for your feedback and sharing your solution with us.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi
I am a New user of Talend Open Studio,
When I create a connection in Talend with MySQL , there is an error !