One Star

[resolved] Unable to start Talend - Workspace in use

I'm suddenly unable to start Talend Open Studio 3.2 running on Win7. When I attempt to start Talend I get an error with the following message: 'Workspace in use, cannot start multiple instances at the same time'. I've checked and there is no other Talend instance running.
I'd appreciate any help you could offer...

7 REPLIES
Employee

Re: [resolved] Unable to start Talend - Workspace in use

I just saw this one come in and why not download, install, configure 5.1.1 and import the entire workspace from 3.2? You will have a fresh start and with lots of neat new capabilities?
Employee

Did you check your entire list of process on task manager?
did you try to restart ur computer and see if you can reopen your studio?
Employee

Try to Start the Task Manager (assuming windows) - CNTL/ALT/DELETE - and look for a stray Talend process. If there is one, then kill it.
Employee

Check the workspace folder, in the .metadata folder, if there?s a lock file.
If it?s there, remove it.
One Star

Thank you all for your suggestions... The only one I haven't tried yet is installing Talend Open Studio 5.1.1 and importing my 3.2 workspace. I may have no choice... but we weren't prepared to upgrade to 5.1.1 until our current project is complete... The other suggestions, delete any stray Talend processes (I didn't see any) using Task Manager and deleting the .lock file under the .metadata folder I have already tried... but still no luck...
Does anyone have any other ideas?
One Star

Mystery solved... Turns out Talend was unable to start because of an internal application that was blocking it.
Thank you all for your help.
One Star

This worked for me too.. Thanks Smiley Happy