One Star

[resolved] Trouble installing AMC in TalendEE.

I used the Jaspersoft-JETL-Installer-r111943-V5.4.1-installer to install the TalendEE suite and the only component not working is AMC. It appears it starts correctly:
INFO: Starting service Catalina
Nov 11, 2014 9:14:08 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine startInternal
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.56
Nov 11, 2014 9:14:08 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive /opt/tomcat7/webapps/amc.war
Nov 11, 2014 9:14:10 PM org.apache.catalina.util.SessionIdGenerator createSecureRandom
INFO: Creation of SecureRandom instance for session ID generation using took milliseconds.
Nov 11, 2014 9:14:14 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deployment of web application archive /opt/tomcat7/webapps/amc.war has finished in 6,465 ms
Nov 11, 2014 9:14:14 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory /opt/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT
INFO: Deployment of web application directory /opt/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT has finished in 199 ms
INFO: Deploying web application directory /opt/tomcat7/webapps/docs
... but I receive an error message viewing the AMC url:
HTTP Status 404 - ProxyServlet: /amc
type Status report
message ProxyServlet: /amc
description The requested resource is not available.
Apache Tomcat/7.0.56
I can't seem to find any troubleshooting help anywhere. 
6 REPLIES

Re: [resolved] Trouble installing AMC in TalendEE.

Hi,
Did you follow up document: https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Installing+Talend+Activity+Monitoring+Console&content-lang=... to install AMC in your TAC?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I did have the amc.war file in my webapps directory:
/opt/tomcat7/webapps/amc.war
and the log shows that it was deployed. 
I'm hosting this TAC install in an Amazon Web Services EC2 instance. I have port 8080 open to my location, so I'm able to see TAC. Do I possibly need to allow any other inbound/outband access to the server for AMC to work?
One Star

Now I understand it's an OSGI app so I couldn't expect the amc page to load like a normal tomcat application. 
In Configuration > Monitoring > AMC, I receive this message next to the AMC URL: Timeout occurs while retrieving this parameter

(i put the real ip address in there)
I set the Configuration > Monitoring > AMC URL to localhost so that the "Timeout occurs" error went away. 

Looking at the source, I see the ip address for the AMC view is:

..I then changed that URL to be the machine ip address (here obscured by x.x.x.x):

...and this view works. But if I change the Configuration > Monitoring > AMC URL back to the real ip address, the "Timeout error" occurs again. 
UPDATE: If I use the public DNS entry: ec2-x-x-x-x.compute-1.amazonaws.com instead of the ip address the AMC view loads in TAC. Is there a configuration change I can make to allow an ip address? 

Hi,
You can ping to your real IP successfully? The networking is Ok with you?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Ahh! I can't ping the public IP for an EC2 instance, but I can ping the DNS entry. That's clearly why. Thanks for the answer, I have to admit that should have been more obvious to me. I will set this topic as resolved. 

Hi dhaskell,
Thanks for your feeback. Don't hesitate to post your issue here.
Best regards
Sabrina
--