One Star

[resolved] Talend on RaspberryPi

Hi,
I've been trying to setup Talend on my RaspberryPi, but a few things are not working.

I installed open Studio and XUL runner.
I unzipped the TOS package and change te .ini file.
my java version is:
java version "1.8.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-b132)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.0-b70, mixed mode)
I create a script to run Talend
#!/bin/sh
export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1
/TOS installation directory/TalendOpenStudio-linux-gtk-x86_64
But when I run this script I get an error.
/root/TOS_DI-r111943-V5.4.1/TOS_DI-linux-gtk-x86_64: 1: /root/TOS_DI-r111943-V5.4.1/TOS_DI-linux-gtk-x86_64:ELF: not found
/root/TOS_DI-r111943-V5.4.1/TOS_DI-linux-gtk-x86_64: 2: /root/TOS_DI-r111943-V5.4.1/TOS_DI-linux-gtk-x86_64: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
Can someone help me?
Thanks in advance.
11 REPLIES

Re: [resolved] Talend on RaspberryPi

Hi,
Have you checked online document about TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Platforms? So far, we have supported for JDK 6/ 7.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I've installed "Raspbian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)"
My Java version is:
java version "1.8.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-b132)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.0-b70, mixed mode)
Must I update Java or is my system not compatible?

Hi,
In the documentation we provide a list of Java JDK/JRE that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) Java JDK/JRE will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.
In addition, could you please install talend open studio product by manual to see if it is OK with you?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I installed Talend followed the product installation guide.
Is that ok?

Hi,
This guide is very old and we don't update it yet. The source code have been updated a lot, this guide is outdated.
Please have a look at online document on Talend Help Center:
https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=19422829.
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Installing+Talend+Studio+for+the+first+time&content-lang=en.
https://community.talend.com/t5/Installation/XPCOM-exception-while-installing-Talend-Studio-on-a-Lin....
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
I followed the guide but the problem is still there
./TOS_DI-linux-gtk-x86: 1: ./TOS_DI-linux-gtk-x86: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
If i want to execute only on linux and create the package in Windows see:
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Exporting+a+Job+script+and+executing+it+outside+of+Talend+S...
is it nessecery to install talend on linux?

Hi,
It depends on your job requirement.
If you just want to execute your job in Linux, you can install talend studio in Windows then export job script to run .sh file in linux.
If you want to develop job in Linux, you'd better install talend studio in Linux.
Did you have other linux machine that listed in Compatible Platforms document?If so, you can take a testing to see if this "Syntax" error repro.

For your issue,
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
I succeded to run on linux.
when I close my Talend on Windows and open it the next they my components are not loading.
is this a known issue?
But when i close my job and open it again it works fine.

Hi,
I suspect the studio is loading incompletely which cause the error "components are not loading". I have made a testing on Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 5.4.1 r111943, everything is OK.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

hello 
so i have some probleme to export job withe commonde line .
i have this error message : ./TISEE-linux-gtk-x86_64: not found
can you help me please 

Hi abc11,
Please upload a screenshot of command line. Is it working well when you export job by manually?
TalendHelpCenter:How to build Jobs

Best regards
Sabrina
--