[resolved] TIS / TOS and the SAP Connector

One Star

[resolved] TIS / TOS and the SAP Connector

I have been thru the other postings on the SAP JCO Connector.
Is it possible to use SAPJCO3 with Talend?
I am using TIS 4.0.2.
I am trying to use the SAPJCO3.JAR (3.0.5). I have the dll in a directory that is in the PATH variable. I placed the sapjco3.jar file in the <Talend Install Directory>/lib/java directory and renamed it to sapjco.jar.
I then imported sapjco.jar from the modules tab.
I run a job with the SAP Connection component and receive errors
com.sap.mw cannot be resolved to a type
com.sap.mw.jco.JCO.Client cannot be resolved to a type
com.sap.mw.jco.JCO cannot be resolved to a type
and these errors repeat many times.
I can get the jco 2.1.9 to work but I assume the version 3 of the jco is improved?
Thanks in advance and regards
Rick

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] TIS / TOS and the SAP Connector

Good morning Shong and thank you for your reply,
Finally everything works, so don't worry. I am using Talend Integration Suite 4.0.3 r47759.
And correct, the trick was to copy the sapjco.jar in the commandline-workspace\.Javalibs directory. Just in case I also added a line in the ".classpath" file.
Yours,
Alex

All Replies
Community Manager

Hi
It does't support SAPJCO3 at the moment, I have seen that many users mention this issue, can you report a new feature on our bugtracker.?
Thanks for your support!
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Community Manager

Hello Stefan_w
I can send you an old version of SAP connector, please contact me via email.
Best regards
Shong
One Star EG
One Star

Hello Shong,
I'm trying SAP connector TOS 4.1/MOSX Snow Leopard with sapjco 2.1.9
I get this error :
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: JCO.classInitialize(): Could not load middleware layer 'com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC'
JCO.nativeInit(): Could not initialize dynamic link library sapjcorfc . java.library.path
at testxml.testsap2_0_1.testSAP2.tSAPInput_1Process(testSAP2.java:585)
at testxml.testsap2_0_1.testSAP2.runJobInTOS(testSAP2.java:759)
at testxml.testsap2_0_1.testSAP2.main(testSAP2.java:630)
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: JCO.classInitialize(): Could not load middleware layer 'com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC'
JCO.nativeInit(): Could not initialize dynamic link library sapjcorfc . java.library.path
at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO.<clinit>(JCO.java:820)
at testxml.testsap2_0_1.testSAP2.tSAPInput_1Process(testSAP2.java:388)
Can you send me the good version of sapjco for mac os x ?
Thank you.
Community Manager

Hi EG
You can try sapjco 2.1.8.
Best regards
Shong
One Star

Hi Shong!
As Stefan pointed out, in another thread your colleague "cantoine" even recommends using JCo 3. So what about it?
I have tried installing version 3 on Windows Server 2003 64 bits and I haven't had any luck. I tried to download the x86-64 bit version of JCo 2.1.8 and it does NOT EXIST anymore on the SAP Marketplace. Which leads to the question if am installing it wrong, if it is not supported and if that is the case, how I can get the 64 bit version of JCo 2.1.8...
Regards,
Alex
Community Manager

Hi Aquagest
It doesn't support sapjco 3.0 so far. You have subscribed enterprise release, you can open a support ticket and ask for SAP JCO 2.1.8 or send me an email.
Best regards
Shong

Dear Shong,
I sent you an email on december 21 and today, I don't know if it got classified as spam... Would you be so kind to send me the SAP JCO 2.1.8 for 64 bit?
Thank you in advance,
Alex
Employee

As SAP Customers you should have access to all those libraries. Just connect to the SAP website with your support account.

That's what I did, but the specified version is no longer available because it is outdated. If Talend was supporting version 3.0 we wouldn't even be discussing this here.
Employee

Hi,
Did you copy sapjcorfc.so and librfccm.so in /usr/lib/java/ ?
spajco.jar needs these files to work.
Michael

Hello Michael!
I do not have the files "sapjcorfc.so" and "librfccm.so" as they don't ship with the SAPJCo.
I have done the following:
1. Extract SAP distribution package (I finally got my hands on version 2.1.9 for 64 bits) to C:\Program Files\SAPJCo
2. Add C:\Program Files\SAPJCo to the PATH
3. Add C:\Program Files\SAPJCo\sapjco.jar to the CLASSPATH
4. Copy librfc32.dll to the Windows\System32 -directory (overwrite if exists)
5. Copy sapjco.jar to TalendJobServer\lib -directory
Should I do something else with my librfc32.dll?
Yours,
Alex

Hello everyone!
I think I got CommandLine to work with SAP on my 64 bit machine but JobServer is still not working. When I do a "Generate" on my test jobs, I don't get any compiler errors, so I assume all SAP libraries are found. But when I click "Run" I get the error below. Even though my execution server, CommanLine and TAC all run on the same machine.
In the jsl.ini I added the sapjco.jar to the classpath:
params = 6
param00 = -cp
param01 = D:\TalendJobServer;D:\TalendJobServer\lib\jmxremote_optional.jar;D:\TalendJobServer\lib\log4j-1.2.15.jar;D:\TalendJobServer\lib\commons-io-1.3.2.jar;D:\TalendJobServer\lib\jsl.jar;C:\Program Files\SAPJCo\sapjco.jar
param02 = -Djava.library.path=D:\TalendJobServer\jsysmon-20061229\native\windows\
param03 = -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
param04 = -Dtalend_props=D:\TalendJobServer\conf\TalendJobServer.properties
param05 = org.talend.remote.jobserver.service.WindowsJobServer
But still not working. What else should I do to get jobs to execute that connect to SAP?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Problemas de compilación no resuelto:
com.sap.mw no se puede resolver en un tipo
com.sap.mw.jco.JCO no se puede resolver en un tipo
at delibes.zzz_test_sap_hechos_economicos_reales_actual_0_1.ZZZ_TEST_SAP_Hechos_Economicos_Reales_Actual.tSAPConnection_1Process(ZZZ_TEST_SAP_Hechos_Economicos_Reales_Actual.java:485)
at delibes.zzz_test_sap_hechos_economicos_reales_actual_0_1.ZZZ_TEST_SAP_Hechos_Economicos_Reales_Actual.runJobInTOS(ZZZ_TEST_SAP_Hechos_Economicos_Reales_Actual.java:7243)
at delibes.zzz_test_sap_hechos_economicos_reales_actual_0_1.ZZZ_TEST_SAP_Hechos_Economicos_Reales_Actual.main(ZZZ_TEST_SAP_Hechos_Economicos_Reales_Actual.java:7066)

Never mind my last post, it was the CommandLine after all. The terrible Talend Administration Center kept telling me it compiled fine ("Ready to run"), while in fact CommandLine was unable to find sapjco.jar. Now I explicitly included it in the .classpath file and everything works alright.
On a different note, I am shocked how awful is the Talend Administration Center. It is such an important piece of software within the ETL framework, yet it works so bad and is so terribly full of bugs...
Community Manager

Hi Alex
Which version of TOS are you using? Does the job work fine in studio? Please also put the sapjco.jar into commandline-workspace\.Javalibs before you generate the job on job conductor.
Best regards
Shong

Good morning Shong and thank you for your reply,
Finally everything works, so don't worry. I am using Talend Integration Suite 4.0.3 r47759.
And correct, the trick was to copy the sapjco.jar in the commandline-workspace\.Javalibs directory. Just in case I also added a line in the ".classpath" file.
Yours,
Alex