[resolved] Selecting Java version for Studio

One Star

[resolved] Selecting Java version for Studio

Hi,
I have a client that is trying to install DQ 4.2 and have multiple versions of Java on their computer. JAVA_HOME points to 1.6, but the studio is trying to start up with 1.4 (and failing). Is there another setting beyond JAVA_HOME that I need to set?
Thanks!
Mike
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Selecting Java version for Studio

Hi Mike
Set the installation path of JRE1.6 in the first place of system variable PATH.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Shong,
Thanks for the advice. After doing that, my client gets:
'Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_21\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll"'.
Any thoughts? Also, since they are an enterprise client, is it possible to just open a support ticket and have Talend support staff resolve this directly with the client?
Thanks,
Mike
Community Manager

Hi
'Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_21\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll"'.

Is it a 32bit or 64bit system? You have to install corresponding JDK, install 64bit JDK on 64bit system.

Any thoughts? Also, since they are an enterprise client, is it possible to just open a support ticket and have Talend support staff resolve this directly with the client?

Yes, of course.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

This is an old topic, but I am having this same issue.
Windows 8.1 x64 system.
Installed x64 java jdk1.7
I was getting an error about not finding the java library, so I uninstalled TOS and set the Environment variables as I found at the bottom of this post:
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=19105
I downloaded TOS 5.4.1 and reinstalled.
Now when I try to run, I'm getting the error "Failed to load the JNI shared library"
I followed the path, even typed it into the command line to ensure I could navigate to it. the jvm.dll exists in the path specified.
One Star

Did a little more research. Everything I read said that the error "Failed to load the JNI shared library" is because of a mismatch between 32 and 64 bit.
I have a 64 bit OS. Made sure I downloaded the 64 bit Java.
When running the standard TOS_DI-win32-x86, I got the error about the JNI library. So it must be an error about the conflict between 32 bit Talend and 64 bit Java.
When running TOS_DI-win-x86_64 and accepting the general license, I got a different error.
So I followed another suggestion and moved the install directory to a shorter path. Instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\Talend, I installed it in C:\Talend.
Now the TOS_DI-win-x86_64 runs without a problem.

Hi sbaer,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Feel free let me know your further issue on talend job.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.