[resolved] [PLEASE HELP] Upgraded to TOS 4.1.1 encountered error in tOracleOutput

One Star

[resolved] [PLEASE HELP] Upgraded to TOS 4.1.1 encountered error in tOracleOutput

Hi,
I upgraded to TOS 4.1.1 and imported the jobs developed in TOS 4.0.0.
However, I encountered error "Please remove rejects connection" on all the jobs imported from TOS 4.0.0 which has tOracleOutput component.
The jobs created in TOS 4.0.0, I used "Rejects" connection in tOracleOutput component to capture oracle errors. It seems in TOS 4.1.1, the "Rejects" connection in tOracleOutput component is removed. If it's removed, how can I captured oracle errors in TOS 4.1.1 and how can make the jobs imported from TOS 4.0.0 compatible with TOS 4.1.1.
Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] [PLEASE HELP] Upgraded to TOS 4.1.1 encountered error in tOracleOutput

Hello
In fact, we have made a change since v4.1, the reject link only shows if the 'die on error 'box and 'Use Batch size' is unchecked! See
http://talendforge.org/bugs/view.php?id=10863
Because the reject function can't be used together with the 'die on error' and the 'use batch'. So, you need modify the job according to your needs.
1) Uncheck the box ' 'die on error' and 'use batch', and then use the reject link.
2) Check the box 'die on error' or 'use batch', and there is no reject link.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

All Replies
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] [PLEASE HELP] Upgraded to TOS 4.1.1 encountered error in tOracleOutput

Hello
In fact, we have made a change since v4.1, the reject link only shows if the 'die on error 'box and 'Use Batch size' is unchecked! See
http://talendforge.org/bugs/view.php?id=10863
Because the reject function can't be used together with the 'die on error' and the 'use batch'. So, you need modify the job according to your needs.
1) Uncheck the box ' 'die on error' and 'use batch', and then use the reject link.
2) Check the box 'die on error' or 'use batch', and there is no reject link.
Best regards
Shong
One Star

Thanks Shong for your detailed explanations!

Hello,
i have an other problem about upgrade to 4.1.1 and tOracleOutput.
My job is ok if i deactivate my componenet tOracleOutput
But with this component (in French):

Exécution en erreur :Échec de la génération du code.

The job don't run anymore.
I tried to delete the component and re-create it, but same error...
I have the "die on error" checked or not, same problem.
I didn't found the "Use Batch size" option...
have an idea ?
thanks.
Phil
Community Manager

Hello

The job fail to generated the code cause by tOracleOutput , have a try to delete tOracleOutput, restart studio and add a new tOracleOutput from palette.
I didn't found the "Use Batch size" option...

This option is present on the advanced setting panel, and it is only present when the 'die on error' box is unchecked.
Best regards
Shong

Thank you for you answer.
I found the use size batch option when not using an existing connexion... normal...
I tried your solution (delete the component, quit TOS, open the job, create the component) but no way, always the same message.
I tried with or without rejects... same message.
I tried replacing the tOracleOutput by a tFileOutputDelimited and it works...
If you have another idea...
If not i will return to 4.0 because i have a lot of Oracle inserts in my jobs.
Thanks.
Phil
Community Manager

Hi
Can you please send the job to me via email? I will investigate the problem.
Best regards
Shong