One Star

[resolved] Job Generation - java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi, I am evaluating the Data Integration package.  I've installed the TAC on a server and am running Studio on a local machine.  I created a job in Studio which does a SQL query against a MySQL database (tMySqlInput) and generates a CSV file (tFileOutputDelmited). The job executes successfully locally in Studio, and the project and job show up okay in TAC.  In TAC's Job Conductor, I created a job and when it's generated I get the error shown below.  Because the stack trace had an error calling checkDBType, I thought it might be the MySQL connector, so I grabbed the mysql-connector-java-5.1.36-bin.jar from Oracle and put in my JDK's lib folder, restarted talend-cmdline and talend-tac services, get the same error.  I saw this Talend Help Center article but I don't think it applies because I am not doing anything "custom" (at least as far as I know).  I checked the catalina.out log file but am not seeing much more than the exception and stack trace.  
Any ideas on what I'm missing or where I should be looking?  
Thanks!
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExtensionServerCommand(ExtensionCommandSwitch.java:148)
at org.talend.commandline.client.command.extension.AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.doSwitch(AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.java:31)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExtensionCommand(CommandProcessorSwitch.java:161)
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(CommandAbstractSwitch.java:70)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(CommandConsumer.java:57)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(CommandConsumer.java:35)
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(ServerCommandLine.java:139)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.types.TypesManager.checkDBType(TypesManager.java:82)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.nodes.Node.checkSchema(Node.java:3608)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.nodes.Node.checkNode(Node.java:3854)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.Process.checkProblems(Process.java:3089)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.Process.checkProcess(Process.java:3080)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.JavaProcessorUtilities.sortClasspath(JavaProcessorUtilities.java:520)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.JavaProcessorUtilities.computeLibrariesPath(JavaProcessorUtilities.java:381)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.DefaultRunProcessService.updateLibraries(DefaultRunProcessService.java:209)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessService.updateLibraries(RunProcessService.java:167)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateBuildInfo(ProcessorUtilities.java:501)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:735)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:999)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.JobScriptsManager.generateJobFiles(JobScriptsManager.java:644)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.JobScriptsManager.generateJobFiles(JobScriptsManager.java:634)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.JobJavaScriptsManager.getExportResources(JobJavaScriptsManager.java:713)
at org.talend.commandline.util.JobHandler.export(JobHandler.java:235)
at org.talend.commandline.command.execute.BuildJobExecuteCommand.execute(BuildJobExecuteCommand.java:109)
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExtensionServerCommand(ExtensionCommandSwitch.java:146)
... 7 more
org.talend.gwtadministrator.client.module.dashboard.commandline.model.CommandLineBean.executeGroupCommand(CommandLineBean.java:251)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.job.generate.JobGenerator.executeGroupCommand(JobGenerator.java:311)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.job.generate.JobGenerator.generate(JobGenerator.java:151)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.ExecutionTaskHandler.generateJobScriptUnit(ExecutionTaskHandler.java:399)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.ExecutionTaskHandler.runTaskUnit(ExecutionTaskHandler.java:1016)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.jobs.RemoteTaskExecution.executeRemoteJob(RemoteTaskExecution.java:456)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.jobs.RemoteTaskExecution.execute(RemoteTaskExecution.java:230)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.jobs.RemoteExecutionSwitcher.execute(RemoteExecutionSwitcher.java:50)
org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:199)
org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:546)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExtensionServerCommand(ExtensionCommandSwitch.java:148)
at org.talend.commandline.client.command.extension.AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.doSwitch(AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.java:31)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExtensionCommand(CommandProcessorSwitch.java:161)
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(CommandAbstractSwitch.java:70)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(CommandConsumer.java:57)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(CommandConsumer.java:35)
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(ServerCommandLine.java:139)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.types.TypesManager.checkDBType(TypesManager.java:82)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.nodes.Node.checkSchema(Node.java:3608)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.nodes.Node.checkNode(Node.java:3854)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.Process.checkProblems(Process.java:3089)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.Process.checkProcess(Process.java:3080)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.JavaProcessorUtilities.sortClasspath(JavaProcessorUtilities.java:520)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.JavaProcessorUtilities.computeLibrariesPath(JavaProcessorUtilities.java:381)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.DefaultRunProcessService.updateLibraries(DefaultRunProcessService.java:209)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessService.updateLibraries(RunProcessService.java:167)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateBuildInfo(ProcessorUtilities.java:501)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:735)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:999)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.JobScriptsManager.generateJobFiles(JobScriptsManager.java:644)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.JobScriptsManager.generateJobFiles(JobScriptsManager.java:634)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.JobJavaScriptsManager.getExportResources(JobJavaScriptsManager.java:713)
at org.talend.commandline.util.JobHandler.export(JobHandler.java:235)
at org.talend.commandline.command.execute.BuildJobExecuteCommand.execute(BuildJobExecuteCommand.java:109)
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExtensionServerCommand(ExtensionCommandSwitch.java:146)
... 7 more
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Job Generation - java.lang.NullPointerException

This ended up being related to the different versions of Java on our server.  I found the one that Talend was using, put the MySQL library there, and it's up and going.
2 REPLIES
One Star

This ended up being related to the different versions of Java on our server.  I found the one that Talend was using, put the MySQL library there, and it's up and going.

Hi JasonT,
Can we consider this topic as resolved?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.