One Star

[resolved] How to uninstall components in TOS 5.1.1 on windows

Hi,
I downloaded tFileExcelWorkbookOpen component from Talend site and placed the downloaded file in
D:\test\project\TOS_DI-Win32-r84309-V5.1.1\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_5.1.1.r84309\components .
This is throwing error when I try to use this component in Job design . Below is the error.
" Module FileExcelPOI-1.4.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar required ".

So I want to uninstall it and want to download within the tool through Exchange option.

Kindly assist me how to uninstall the components.
Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] How to uninstall components in TOS 5.1.1 on windows

Hi,
You want to use the custom component -tFileExcelWorkbookOpen right? But you have a wrong way to install it, so you got the error. If you want to uninstall it, just delete it from your directory. But i found you put it in your install dir
D:\test\project\TOS_DI-Win32-r84309-V5.1.1\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_5.1.1.r84309\components

, so don't delete it. Please re-install the component
I give you the right way to install it:
1. Download the custom component tFileExcelWorkbookOpen from the following location:
http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/?eid=623&product=tos&action=view&nav=1,1,1
2. Unzip the archive file after downloading it. Copy the component folder "tFileExcelWorkbookOpen". Paste the component folder to another folder. This example uses "D:/myCustomComponent/" for all the custom components. pay attention that no install dir.
3.In Talend Studio, click Window in the toolbar, followed by Preferences, Talend, and then Component panel. Browse to the user component folder where you put the custom components. Click OK. Talend Studio will reload all the components.
4. To check that you have successfully installed the component search for tFileExcelWorkbookOpen in the search bar of
the Palette and verify that is found. Hope help you and don't hesitate to post your question about that.
see pics
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
7 REPLIES

Hi,
You want to use the custom component -tFileExcelWorkbookOpen right? But you have a wrong way to install it, so you got the error. If you want to uninstall it, just delete it from your directory. But i found you put it in your install dir
D:\test\project\TOS_DI-Win32-r84309-V5.1.1\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_5.1.1.r84309\components

, so don't delete it. Please re-install the component
I give you the right way to install it:
1. Download the custom component tFileExcelWorkbookOpen from the following location:
http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/?eid=623&product=tos&action=view&nav=1,1,1
2. Unzip the archive file after downloading it. Copy the component folder "tFileExcelWorkbookOpen". Paste the component folder to another folder. This example uses "D:/myCustomComponent/" for all the custom components. pay attention that no install dir.
3.In Talend Studio, click Window in the toolbar, followed by Preferences, Talend, and then Component panel. Browse to the user component folder where you put the custom components. Click OK. Talend Studio will reload all the components.
4. To check that you have successfully installed the component search for tFileExcelWorkbookOpen in the search bar of
the Palette and verify that is found. Hope help you and don't hesitate to post your question about that.
see pics
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,

Thank you so much for your reply. Now I am able to use this component without any errors.

Hi,
Welcome. thanks for your feedback!
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I did it in the same way for tMongoDBInput2 component but it is not working for me. I am not getting any error at the same time I am not getting any data from the MongoDB when use this component.
Please advice.
Thank you,
Madhu.

Hi,
What version do you used? I think the component tMongoDBInput2 is supported by higher version. What's your meaning "I am not getting any data"? It means that when you drag it from palette into desk, there is no default configuration?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
   I tried to create a job but it is notable to fetch any data from the source file or any input file
and showing the error below.What I need to do now,should I uninstall it.Please help me
And also tell me how to uninstall Talend open studio 6.0.1 on windows 10
From where to download Talend please give the path.
Starting job empty_details at 00:34 18/11/2015.
Error: Could not find or load main class demo_projects_1.empty_details_0_1.empty_details
Job empty_details ended at 00:34 18/11/2015.

Hi Abuzar khan,
And also tell me how to uninstall Talend open studio 6.0.1 on windows 10

The error "Could not find or load main class" is usually caused the blank space in the installation path. Could you please check your installation path firstly?
What's your JDK? Starting from version 6.0, Talend Studio requires a JDK installation instead of JRE only to build jobs,  and you must configure the JDK path in Windows > Preferences > Java > Installed JRES.
Please take a look at KB article about:TalendHelpCenter:Requiring a JDK installation to build jobs starting from version 6.0
Best regards
Sabrina
--