[resolved] Can't build any Job

One Star

[resolved] Can't build any Job

Hi everyone,
I've recently upgraded to version 6.0 and since that I'm unable to build any job: 
When I click finish after selecting my desired options (in the 'Build job' windows) - it just closes the dialog but creates not file at all.
I've done it in version 5.6 numerous times and it worked without any problems.
Pleas help Smiley Sad
Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Can't build any Job

Hi  
Starting from verison 6.0, a JDK installation is required to build jobs, you can find more information and resolution in this article
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

All Replies
One Star

This is really a nice place where we can share ideas and get our required answer. 
Thanks
Ana
Community Manager

Hi  
Starting from verison 6.0, a JDK installation is required to build jobs, you can find more information and resolution in this article
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

That solved my issue, thank you so much!!! 
One Star

Hi, I have followed the instructions and installed jdk 8u51, but I still get null pointer error when trying to build a job.
The instructions use 8u45 instead of 8u51, has it got something to do with this?
8u45 is no longer downloadable....
Thanks
Ethan.

Hi Ethan,
Here is a related jira issue https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-33091. Could you please take a look at it to see if the solution provided in this jira issue works for you?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks but that is for importing jobs, and doesn't relate to my problem - trying to build a job.
The error I get even after selecting JDK-8u51 is:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage.finish(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1442)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.finish(JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.java:1225)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizard.performFinish(JobScriptsExportWizard.java:126)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:853)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:438)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:619)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.ExportJobScriptAction.doRun(ExportJobScriptAction.java:117)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction$2.run(AContextualAction.java:632)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(RepositoryWorkUnit.java:93)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(AbstractRepositoryFactory.java:256)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:3210)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1977)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction.run(AContextualAction.java:641)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:519)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:420)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:164)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)

Hi,
Could you please show us your java environment settingscreenshot? What's your OS? Is it Ok with you after restarting your machine?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I have exactly the same issue than theechoff with jdk 1.8.51. The stacktrace is exactly the same and the error occured at the end of the building process.
Here a screenshot of my options, I have tried every version of java in 32 and 64bits :
One Star

This is really a nice forum. I like it 

Hi pboussekey?

Here the path must be pointed to JDK folder not JRE.
Please see my screenshot

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I have the exact same problem and my Java settings are correct. I am running MAC OSX Yosemite 10.10.4

One Star

Hi pboussekey?

Here the path must be pointed to JDK folder not JRE.
Please see my screenshot

Best regards
Sabrina

As I said, I tried every jdk/jre that you can see on my screenshot. There is no impact on the issue.
One Star

Tried all JDK Versions. Even created a VM with Windows and installed JDK there. Still cannot build jobs with V6.0.

Hi pboussekey,

What's your OS? 32 or b4 bit?
From your screenshot, your "default" standard VM is jre_1.8.0_51. Could you please remove your other 
 jdk/jre from list and keep one jdk 1.8(keep your JDK version consistance with your OS, 64 bit JDK-->64 bit OS)see if it works?

Best regards
Sabrina
--

Hi,
Please take a look at a related jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-33318.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
Please take a look at a related jira issue:.
Best regards
Sabrina

Hi pboussekey,

What's your OS? 32 or b4 bit?
From your screenshot, your "default" standard VM is jre_1.8.0_51. Could you please remove your other 
 jdk/jre from list and keep one jdk 1.8(keep your JDK version consistance with your OS, 64 bit JDK-->64 bit OS)see if it works?

Best regards
Sabrina

Delete all other JDK doesn't work. However, when I uncheck the "unzip" option, this export is done without issue. Thank you!

Hi pboussekey,
Thanks for your feedback.
@ fborges, is the solution unchecking the "unzip" option Ok with you?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I am unable to build a job even when I uncheck "extract" option. I am unable to use the latest java v8 as it does not play nice with some of my AWS S3 components, specifically giving authentication errors due to unsync joda time. I can manually run the jobs fine, but they will not build to allow me to set automation to exec the bat file. Everything was working fine with an old version of java until the auto-update deleted my old version and installed the new last night. Currently, I am using jdk-7u80-windows-x64. At this point I'm not sure of a better solution beyond installing old jdks to see if they allow me to manually run as well as build jobs. Thoughts? Much thanks in advance!

Hi BenJ_FAMC,

Can you build job successfully after your use JDK 7? What's the error you are facing when you using JDK 8? No zip file is generated?
Have you already checked document about:TalendHelpCenter:Requiring a JDK installation to build jobs starting from version 6.0?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
I am a new user of talend and I am using version 6.1.0. I am not able to build the job as no zip file is getting created even if it runs the process. I have also checked the path in window/preferences points to JDK.  Still no avail. I tried unchecking extract option too. Nopes! Any help is appreciated! 
Regards,
Himani

Hi Himani,
  What's your OS? Could you please go to Window/show view/General/Problems to see if there is any error message?
Are you behind proxy? More information will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi xdshi,
I am using windows 7, 64-bit. When I build a job as axis webservice a zip file is created. When I try to build a standalone job, it starts building. Comes till 'setting contents for '/java/pom.xml' and then the dialogue box closes without showing an error and of course without creating a zip file for me. What can be the problem?
Thanks,
Himani
One Star

Hi,
Also this is the default setting for bat files in my project properties :
%~d0
cd %~dp0
java ${talend.job.jvmargs} -cp ${talend.job.bat.classpath} ${talend.job.class} ${talend.job.bat.addition} %* 
Is it proper?
Thanks,
Himani

Hi Himani,
Did you modify the maven templates from project setting?

Have you already checked the error details from the System Problems view(Window/Show view/General/Problems)?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
I didn't modify the maven templates. Error in problems shows :
Description Resource Path Location Type
Project configuration is not up-to-date with pom.xml. Run Maven->Update Project or use Quick Fix. .Java line 1 Maven Configuration Problem
How to run Maven?
Thanks and regards,
Himani
One Star

Hi Himani,
I hope the issue is resolved by now. But if it's still not, I have one other reason and its fix for you:
You won't be able to build any of your jobs if there is some erroneous code in your custom routines. Go to Code sections and open the code file(s) to look for any possible bug. Comment out or remove any code that won't compile. It should make you able to build your job successfully in the destination directory.

Thanks,
Saad
One Star

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. But I am not using any custom codes. it is a very basic, simple job. I have absolutely no idea why this problem is persisting. Now I am not getting any error also! But zip file does not get created.
Regards,
Himani 
Community Manager

One Star

Hi,
Thank you all for replies. This is to give update on failure to build job :
I uninstalled talend as well as jdk from laptop. Downloaded jdk8 and talend 6.1. Did all the environment variable changes and now building a job is working fine! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Thanks and regards,
Himani