Five Stars

multiple jobs won't build in TOS 7.0.1 , empty zip

I've TOS 7.0.1 on a windows 2008r2 and a windows 2016 server. When I build from a folder with a single job a zip file is created succesfully, but if I build from a folder and that folder contains multiple jobs, an empty zip file is created. No errors displayed.

I've installed java jdk 1.8.172 and all variables are set properly. In the preferences the jdk is the only "Installed JRE's" and points to the correct location. The problem occurs on both different servers (64 bit) on all folders with multiple jobs. The log shows the following:

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2018-06-05 15:17:38.986
!MESSAGE 2018-06-05 15:17:38,986 INFO org.eclipse.m2e.internal.launch.MavenLaunchDelegate - E:\Talend\TOS_DI-20180411_1414-V7.0.1\workspace\CHASSE\poms\jobs\process\TEST\test6_0.1

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2018-06-05 15:17:39.002
!MESSAGE 2018-06-05 15:17:39,002 INFO org.eclipse.m2e.internal.launch.MavenLaunchDelegate - mvn -B -o -s E:\Talend\TOS_DI-20180411_1414-V7.0.1\configuration\maven_user_settings.xml package -llr -l E:/Talend/TOS_DI-20180411_1414-V7.0.1/workspace/CHASSE/poms/jobs/process/TEST/test6_0.1/lastGenerated.log -P default-settings,include-java-sources,!include-maven-resources,include-items,include-libs,include-binaries,!include-running-log4j,!include-log4j,include-contexts,!include-test-sources,!include-test-reports,!include-xmlMappings,!include-running-xmlMappings,packaging-and-assembly,!ci-builder -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dmaven.main.skip=true

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2018-06-05 15:17:44.309
!MESSAGE 2018-06-05 15:17:44,309 INFO org.eclipse.m2e.internal.launch.MavenLaunchDelegate - E:\Talend\TOS_DI-20180411_1414-V7.0.1\workspace\CHASSE\poms\jobs\process\TEST\test7_0.1

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2018-06-05 15:17:44.309
!MESSAGE 2018-06-05 15:17:44,309 INFO org.eclipse.m2e.internal.launch.MavenLaunchDelegate - mvn -B -o -s E:\Talend\TOS_DI-20180411_1414-V7.0.1\configuration\maven_user_settings.xml package -llr -l E:/Talend/TOS_DI-20180411_1414-V7.0.1/workspace/CHASSE/poms/jobs/process/TEST/test7_0.1/lastGenerated.log -P default-settings,include-java-sources,!include-maven-resources,include-items,include-libs,include-binaries,!include-running-log4j,!include-log4j,include-contexts,!include-test-sources,!include-test-reports,!include-xmlMappings,!include-running-xmlMappings,packaging-and-assembly,!ci-builder -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dmaven.main.skip=true

How to fix this?

Thnx Remco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: multiple jobs won't build in TOS 7.0.1 , empty zip

Hello Sabrina,

Thnx for your reply. I’ve been able to resolve my issue by setting the following:

By default, when a Job is built, all the required jars are included in the .bat or .sh command. For a complex Job that involves many Jars, the number of characters in the batch command may exceed the limitation of command length on certain operating systems. To avoid failure of running the batch command due to this limitation, before building your Job, go to Window > Preferences, select Talend > Import/Export, and then select the Add classpath jar in exported jobs check box to wrap the Jars in a classpath.jar file added to the built Job.

Now I can export multiple jobs within a folder.

Remco

3 REPLIES

Hello,

Did you follow up this online document to customize Maven build script templates?

TalendHelpCenter:Customizing Maven build script templates

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hello Sabrina,

Thnx for your reply. I’ve been able to resolve my issue by setting the following:

By default, when a Job is built, all the required jars are included in the .bat or .sh command. For a complex Job that involves many Jars, the number of characters in the batch command may exceed the limitation of command length on certain operating systems. To avoid failure of running the batch command due to this limitation, before building your Job, go to Window > Preferences, select Talend > Import/Export, and then select the Add classpath jar in exported jobs check box to wrap the Jars in a classpath.jar file added to the built Job.

Now I can export multiple jobs within a folder.

Remco

Hello Remco,

Great this issue is fixed. Thanks for your feedback and sharing your solution with us.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.