java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Connection reset

One Star

java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Connection reset

Hello All,
Need your advise on issue we are facing with only one of many talend Job we are running on our production server. We have no clue why randomly we have this connection reset error happening now and then. please refer Job flow and error details. let me know if further details are needed to diagnose.
Thanks
Manish

Job Flow

Error Log
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
                at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:196)
                at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:122)
                at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:195)
                at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:169)
                at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.readPacket(SharedSocket.java:846)
                at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.getNetPacket(SharedSocket.java:727)
                at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ResponseStream.getPacket(ResponseStream.java:466)
                at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ResponseStream.read(ResponseStream.java:135)
                at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ResponseStream.readString(ResponseStream.java:290)
                at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ResponseStream.readNonUnicodeString(ResponseStream.java:274)
                at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsData.readData(TdsData.java:936)
                at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsRowToken(TdsCore.java:3007)
                at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2270)
                ... 11 more

Re: java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Connection reset

Hi,
Is there any latency for your network? This error indicates it can't connect to your database server from the machine where the job is execution.  Is your DB on server? Can you export the job script and move it to the machine  where the database server is on and execute the job to see is it works?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.