how to install talend data integration client tool in windows machine

how to install talend data integration client tool in windows machine

Hi Team,
we installed Talend data integration v6.1.1 on AWS RHEL Ec2 instance. I have some doubts..
1.How to create talend repository on Linux server.
2.How to install talend data integration client tool in windows machine for Developers use to develop the Project.
3.Is there any configuration required to communicate the both Client and Server.
Thanks in Advance...
Rajesh Nissankara.

Re: how to install talend data integration client tool in windows machine

Hi Rajesh Nissankara,
Thanks for posting your issue here.
Have you already checked product installation guide: https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=data+integration+installation+guide?content-lang=en?
Are you getting some issue when you install your product on your window machine?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi xdshi,
I have installed Talend on Windows machine but once installed i cannot connect to my Database wich is on another server.
Thank you for your help.

Connection failure, check the database settings or contact your database administrator.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1089)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:380)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:319)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.table.database.SelectorTableForm$8.run(SelectorTableForm.java:1114)
      at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
  Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:409)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(SQLError.java:1127)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:356)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.coreConnect(ConnectionImpl.java:2502)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.connectOneTryOnly(ConnectionImpl.java:2539)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:2321)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.<init>(ConnectionImpl.java:832)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connection.java:46)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:409)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:417)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:344)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
      ... 6 more
  Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection attempt exceeded defined timeout.
      at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.resetLoginTimeCountdown(StandardSocketFactory.java:473)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:320)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:306)
      ... 20 more

Regards,
mouneer

Hi mouneer,
Can you successfully connect to your DB without using Talend Tool? What's the build version you are using?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi back,
Thanks for your reply, i needed to open the DB server i am now able to ping the Database server.
The connection test with the server is working now but i cannot retrieve the table by creating the DB connection i was able to create a db connection and tested the connection and it s working i can access to the db but cannot retrieve the schema and table as the button next stays grey and inactive.
Best Regards,
Mounir

Hi,
Did you correctly follow up document about:TalendHelpCenter:Retrieving table schemas to retrieve your schema?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
Thanks for your answer, i closed open studio and restarted it and it works now.
Now the issue i have is when i try to create a job i have the following error code Smiley Sad
Failed to create the part's controls
org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:Java project not found.
Kind Regards,
Mouneer

Hi,
Failed to create the part's controls
org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:Java project not found.

What does your job look like? Does this issue repro on all your jobs or a specific job on V6.1.1?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi
No just one Job on TALEND V6.2
Regards,
Mounir

Hi,
Would you mind posting your current job design here?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
The problem is solved i had my workspace installed in another machine.
I reinstalled Talend in the same machine and it works now!
Thanks for your Help!

Hi,
Great it is fixed.
Thanks for your feedback and feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.
Best regards
Sabrina
--