error while starting TOS 7.2.1

Four Stars

error while starting TOS 7.2.1

Hi,

I found several threads related to this topic however none provided solution has solved my issue yet Smiley Sad

I have downloaded latest version of TOS DI on https://de.talend.com/products/talend-open-studio/. As a result I got a zip file named as TOS_DI-20190620_1446-V7.2.1.zip which I just unzipped going forward.

In addition I have installed JRE 1.8.0_221 under C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_221.

If I run java -version I got the subsequent output:

java version "1.8.0_221"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_221-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.221-b11, mixed mode, sharing)

In addition the bin folder of the java directory is part of the PATH variable and there is a dedicated java_home environment variable set pointing to the directory as well.

If I launch the TOS executable (TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe) I instantly get the error message:

2019-09-27 16_50_51-Talend Open Studio v7.2.1 (64bit).png

Going forward I added the subsequent line to the TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini:

-XX:-UseCompressedOops -vm C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_221\bin\client\jvm.dll

If I launch the TOS at this point I do receive this error message.

2019-09-27 16_52_22-Java Virtual Machine Launcher.png

Anybody around who can shed some light on this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions

Re: error while starting TOS 7.2.1

Hello,

Please make sure you downloaded and installed the Java Development Kit (JDK).

You could modify TOS_DI-win32-x86.ini (for window OS as example )to force Talend to plug with Java 1.8 and add these lines :

-vm C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_xxx\bin
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello,

Please ensure proper version of JDK is installed. For v6 of Talend products JDKv1.8 is required instead of JRE. If that requirement is met, ensure JDK bin is included in your PATH environment variable and is being reached.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hello,
I had the same problem few weeks ago, I had many Java version, I just unchecked all the versions except the 1.8.0_221 ; launched TOS. Once TOS is launched, I just checked my other java version and it worked well after restarting
Hope it helps
~Regards, jeoste
Kudos are always appreciated ; mark the topic as resolved if query is answered for the community
Four Stars

Thanks for the hint with the JDK. Before I only had a runtime on my device. Now I have downloaded/installed latest JDK in addition. I have updated JAVA_HOME to new directory and updated PATH as well:

2019_09_30_17_09_29_Eingabeaufforderung.png

However for some reason the java version is still pointing to the old JRE directory:

2019-09-30 17_11_41-Eingabeaufforderung.png

What do I miss?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Please make sure you downloaded and installed the Java Development Kit (JDK).

You could modify TOS_DI-win32-x86.ini (for window OS as example )to force Talend to plug with Java 1.8 and add these lines :

-vm C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_xxx\bin
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8

Best regards

Sabrina

--

View solution in original post

Four Stars

For those who are struggeling with the same issue:

I downloaded/installed Oracle JDK v13 instead of Java JDK v8... After doing so and applying changes to JAVA_HOME and PATH Talend Open Studio is working properly.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Please have a look at this documentation about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Java Environments.

Best regards

Sabrina

--

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 3

Read about some useful Context Variable ideas