Six Stars

default talenduser account

We just installed Talend Data Management Platform 6.2.1 on a CentOS server. I noticed that a talenduser account which owns a lot of the talend specific directories was created. I have attached a screenshot of what I am referring to.

Does anyone know what the password for this account is?

• Talend Job Server
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: default talenduser account

This user should be fine to use to run job generally.  If the jobserver agent is started under this user, then all jobs on the job conductor will run under this user, unless you set a linux user in the "Run As" field when creating a user in the Job Conductor.  In that case, you will want to enable the talenduser to sudo to the "Run As" user.

3 REPLIES
Employee

No password set.

You should change to it through sudo

sudo - talenduser

Six Stars

Thank you. Is it ok to use this account to configure the execution server and to run jobs using job conductor? We have decoupled job server, tac and Nexus.

iburtally wrote:

No password set.

You should change to it through sudo

sudo - talenduser

Employee

This user should be fine to use to run job generally.  If the jobserver agent is started under this user, then all jobs on the job conductor will run under this user, unless you set a linux user in the "Run As" field when creating a user in the Job Conductor.  In that case, you will want to enable the talenduser to sudo to the "Run As" user.