Workspace error on Talend BD launch (Mac OS High Sierra)

Four Stars

Workspace error on Talend BD launch (Mac OS High Sierra)

Hi, 

I get the attached error (This workspace is already in use: You cannot launch the Studio more than once with the same workspace) when launching the TOS_BD-20161216_1026-V6.3.1 version of Talend BD.

I am working on High Sierra 10.13.2

I have rolled back my Java to v.8 update 151 to match colleagues currently running Talend Ok, plus anecdotal advice online suggesting this can resolve. - The error persists. 

I cannot see any workspace conflicts via command line or application management

Does anyone have any advice for me? 

Re: Workspace error on Talend BD launch (Mac OS High Sierra)

Hello,

Could you please have a look at this online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems for talend open studio bigdata V 6.3 to see if you are on a compatible platform?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Xdshi, 

Thank you for the below, 

Sierra is listed, but i'm assuming your redirect to the documentation is an inference that you cannot support the newer High versioning? 

At this point i'm pretty sure i'm looking at a bug; as your linked documentation suggests that the Workspace error i am receiving should afford me a further pop-up where i can correct the error by redefining the automatic workspace allocation (see attached).

The pop-up does not generate that further instance when i click 'Ok' and instead needs to be Force-quit in order to reset. 

Perhaps you can tell me the default Workspace directory that Talend defaults to using out-of-the-box?

Hello,

Does this issue repro on talend open studio for bigdata V 6.4?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina, 

Yes - the issue repros on BD 6.4. 

I D\Led a fresh copy yesterday and launched  to a similar result: 

Only difference is that i don't get as far as the 'workspace' error now. Instead the licence pop-up appears, but just hangs. I have no ability to click accept, nor can i close the pop-up via controls. I have to force-quit Talend from my dock. 

With kind regards

Andrew

Hello,

It seems that talend studio V 6.4.1 doesn't work well on OSX High Sierra (10.13.2)

Here exists a new feature jira issue:

https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-18888

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina, 

I've taken a look at the Jira issue and see that it seems to have ground to a halt a little.

Can confirm that i have tried several different combinations of Java (including both the most up-to-date version - 8v161 - + older versions which my colleagues are operating on without issue). I cannot progress past the hung licence acceptance stage, no matter which combination i use. I have repeatedly cleared Talend and Java from my machine and done clean installs, this doesn't resolve. 

There is some advice in the Jira about rolling back java and modifying the Info.plist file in Java 1.8v151,  I took a look at that; but couldn't identify an appropriate line to edit or where to introduce the amendment. Certainly as a clean install it suffers the same issue. 

This is confusing as my colleagues who were working on Talend previously have no current problem with using the tool; so we're looking at an issue which only affects new-comers to the platform. The only common factor is that my colleagues had everything installed and working prior to their update to High Sierra. Whereas my mac came out-of-the-box on that OS versioning. 

I've matched my JAVA and version of Talend identically to them and still suffer the issue. 

Is there some way you can provide that can bypass the license agreement phase, as i'm betting that the tool will launch fine once we get through that gateway? 

I really need to have the tool up and running ASAP as my new role is dependant on the service. 

One Star

Hi Andrew

Am facing exactly similar issue.

Could you please help me with if you have found a solution.

Am using mac os high sierra 10.13.6

Java version 1.8.0_192

And have used the below talend BD edition https://download-mirror2.talend.com/tosbd/release/V7.0.1/TOS_BD-20180411_1414-V7.0.1-osx-installer.d...

Thanks

Kani