Four Stars

Workspace already in use.

Hello All,

I have installed TOS V6.4.1, and have java 8 (build 1.8.0_131-b11) installed on my Windows 8.

My application is present under C:\Program Files\

When i try to  open TOS_DI-win32-x86, i get below error:

img1.png

And for TOS_DI-win-x86_64, i get workspace error.

img2.png

I have only the .TETEmitters folder under /workspace.

Also there is no Talend process running in the taskbar.

Thanks and Regards

Mohit

3 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Workspace already in use.

You should use 64 bit executable.

Does your workstation only have the studio installed? 

Do you have a previous version of the Talend Studio installed that may be pointing to the same workspace?  If so, you should backup your workspace (before the jobs get upgraded by 6.4) and preferably use a different workspace folder for the 6.4.1.

If no resolution, you may decide to kill all Java process and then start Talend 6.4.1

In studio\configuration folder, you will have a config.ini file.  In there, you can change the worskpace path specified in osgi.instance.area.default property.

Four Stars

Hi

After adding osgi.instance.area.default property to config.ini , I did not getting workspace error and able to proceed.

But then below error occured. Logs are below:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xbean/classloader/NonLockingJarFileClassLoader
at org.codehaus.jdt.groovy.integration.internal.GroovyEventHandler.handle(GroovyEventHandler.java:33)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaProject.close(JavaProject.java:493)
at org.talend.designer.maven.tools.creator.CreateMavenCodeProject.afterCreate(CreateMavenCodeProject.java:140)
at org.talend.designer.maven.tools.creator.CreateMavenCodeProject.create(CreateMavenCodeProject.java:166)
at org.talend.designer.maven.utils.TalendCodeProjectUtil.initCodeProject(TalendCodeProjectUtil.java:46)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.JavaProcessorUtilities.getTalendJavaProject(JavaProcessorUtilities.java:100)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.DefaultRunProcessService.getTalendProcessJavaProject(DefaultRunProcessService.java:531)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.DefaultRunProcessService.updateProjectPomWithTemplate(DefaultRunProcessService.java:555)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessService.updateProjectPomWithTemplate(RunProcessService.java:378)
at org.talend.commons.utils.generation.JavaUtils.updateProjectJavaVersion(JavaUtils.java:241)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1935)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginHelper$1.run(LoginHelper.java:441)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xbean.classloader.NonLockingJarFileClassLoader cannot be found by org.eclipse.jdt.groovy.core_2.9.2.xx-201509250011-e44
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:439)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:352)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:344)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:160)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 13 more

Employee

Did you install with the installer or just an unzip?  Not sure what this one is.  Other than it cannot find the file.   Try to clear the eclipse cache by delete the 7 org.eclipse.xxxx folders in the configuration folder.   Do NOT delete the org.talend.configurator folder. And start your studio.  

Did you point to an existing workspace or completely new empty folder for the workspace?