Using Window RDP,user not member of 'admin Group' can't use Talend OS

Four Stars

Using Window RDP,user not member of 'admin Group' can't use Talend OS

Hello,
i am facing a problem: I have installed TOS 3.2 on a Windows 2003 server.
The purpose is to access connectivity to some database from this Remote Desktop connexion Server.
But, users who are not in the 'Administrator' Group can not use Talend OS :
The message is 'Workspace in use, cannot start multiple instances at the same time'
Of course, I am sure only one user tries to execute Talend.
When I put my 'Talend_dev' user in the Administrator group of the server, it works.
Which rights could I grant to a suser for hime to be able to execute Talend, without being an administrator of the machine?
Thank you a lot if you have an idea.
Gwen
Community Manager

Re: Using Window RDP,user not member of 'admin Group' can't use Talend OS

Hello
The message is 'Workspace in use, cannot start multiple instances at the same time'
Of course, I am sure only one user tries to execute Talend.

Yes, you are right. The workspace can only be used one time at the same time. If you want more users to develop the same project at the same time, you need purchase the commerial version Talend Ingreation Suite.
Which rights could I grant to a suser for hime to be able to execute Talend, without being an administrator of the machine?

The user should have the following rights: read, write, execute.
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Thank you.
But my problem is to be able to execute Talend from RDP with a user not administrator on Remote server.
It doesn't work even if the user is the only one using talend OS.
Does anyone know about that ?
Many thanks
Gwen
Six Stars

This is a Windows file permissions issue. You most likely uncompressed the TOS as Administrator, and now the "workspace" directory is owned by the Admin.
Try granting READ,WRITE,EXECUTE to "Authenticated Users" on the "workspace" folder and everything in it.