Use HSQL Databases

One Star

Use HSQL Databases

Hi,
Has anyone been able to get talend to work with HSQL Databases?
If so, which module did you use?
Thanks!
One Star

Re: Use HSQL Databases

I'm using Talend 2.1 and I'd like to use HSQL too. What does tHSQLDBInput expect to connect to--a standalone HSQL server? And how do I define a repository database connection to my HSQL database? I don't see it in the DB Type dropdown list.
Thanks much,
Jason
Employee

Hello Jason,
HSQL Wizard is not yet available.
It will be done soon.
I think you have to specify HSQL Server to connect to a standalone server.
Regards,
Michaël.
One Star

Ok, I have "HSQLDB Server" as the running mode for my tHSQLDBInput. How do I specify the JDBC string to connect to it? Is that what the Database Alias field is for? I'm running HSQL in standalone server mode, but it's (naturally) not able to connect.
Employee

The jdbc String is generated automatically by the component using the properties in the component : jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://hostSmiley Tongueort/dbalias
Hope it helps
Michaël.
One Star

Ok, the JDBC string produced by the HSQL Database Manager is of the form "jdbc:hsqldb:file:C:\Documents\User\blah". I have the component's properties set as follows:
Host name: "localhost"
Port: "9001"
Database Alias: "file:C:\Documents\User\blah"
When I run the job, I get this exception:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
Invalid escape sequence (valid ones are \b \t \n \f \r \" \' \\ )
at tripletsphere.loadtripletsphere.LoadTripletSphere.tHSQLDbInput_2Process(LoadTripletSphere.java:146)
at tripletsphere.loadtripletsphere.LoadTripletSphere.main(LoadTripletSphere.java:317)
Jason
Employee

Replace "file:C:\Documents\User\blah" by "file:C:\\Documents\\User\\blah" or "file:C:/Documents/User/blah"
Michaël.