One Star

Unable to start TOS v5.5.1

Unable to start TOS 5.5.1 . Details:
JDK: 1.7
I am getting an error message "!SESSION 2014-07-24 16:39:59.426 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_60
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.app 0 0 2014-07-24 16:40:00.914
!MESSAGE Product org.talend.rcp.branding.tos.bigdata.product could not be found."
Attaching the entire error log file.
I have a single JDK installation, and the PAth variable is also set to point to this jdk/bin directory.
Thanks!
8 REPLIES

Re: Unable to start TOS v5.5.1

Hi,
Is your JDK 32 bit or 64 bit? and OS? How did you start your talend studio? Did you double click TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe(64 bit) or TOS_DI-win32-x86.exe(32 bit)?
Could you please paste your java environment variable into forum?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

JDK and OS are 64 bit.
I tried starting with the 64 bit exe (TOS_BD-win-x86_64.exe)
Please find the screenshot attached.
I have also tried adding %JAVA_HOME% as the first entry in the Path variable, but i continue to get the same issue.

Thanks!

Hi,
Here are my java environment variable(win7 64 bit, 1.7)
java_home:C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_02
classpath:%JAVA_HOME%\lib\dt.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;
Path:C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;.;%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_02\jre\bin\server;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared

Is there any extra space or illegal character in your talend studio installation path?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Our environment variables are identical i believe.
I had placed the Talend directory under "Program Files" earlier and hence there was a white space involved. However, i now tried starting Talend OS after moving the directory to C:\ directory, but still get the same error. However, the error log file is now being placed under the /configuration directory under the TOS installation directory, as opposed to earlier when it was being placed in the "My Documents" directory.

Hi,
We can not repro your issue. Would you mind reinstalling it in other disk D:\ in stead of C and make sure the installation path is not very long. 
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I dont have a different disk partition. I have placed the taled directory in C:\ so my exe is now located at "C:\TOS_BD-r118616-V5.5.1" ,so its not really a long path. I have even tried testing the same with JDK 6.

Hi,
Is there any Administrator permission in your C:\ directory? Is there any more error log which is <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log ?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I am logged in as an administrator user. I dont see the /workspace directory in my installation directory at all.