Unable to open Talend after installation

Two Stars

Unable to open Talend after installation

Hi,

I installed the Talend Data Integration tool as per the instructions are given on this link:

https://help.talend.com/reader/n8h_PKyuzMWANLfGXzM1lQ/MDauhq9nl1m0FXZX~aHp9Q

I skip some of them which were optional but after successful installation when I am opening Talend .exe file I'm getting attached error.

Regards,

Eight Stars

Re: Unable to open Talend after installation

What does the log file say?

Two Stars

here is the log file which says java version 9 but I have 1.8 on my system

!SESSION 2018-09-05 15:59:18.706 ----------------------------------------------- eclipse.buildId=unknown java.version=9.0.4 java.vendor=Oracle Corporation BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 !ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.launching.macosx 4 0 2018-09-05 15:59:21.103 !MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR !STACK 0 org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.jdt.launching.macosx [334] Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: eclipse.platform; filter:="(osgi.os=macosx)" at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434) at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582) at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1561) at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533) at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476) at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) !ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.launching.ui.macosx 4 0 2018-09-05 15:59:21.150 !MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR !STACK 0 org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.jdt.launching.ui.macosx [336] Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: eclipse.platform; filter:="(osgi.os=macosx)" at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434) at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582) at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1561) at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533) at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476) at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

Hello,

Have you tried to modified .ini file to force Talend to plug with Java 1.8.

For example;

-vm C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\bin
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8

Feel free to let us know if it works.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud

Read Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download