One Star

Unable to install Additional Talend Packages

I am unable to install either the required or optional packages. If I click "Finish" on one or both packages, the application gets hung up trying to retrieve licenses (progress remains at 0%)
(Installation window can be found under Help > Install Additional Packages)
Any thoughts?
38 REPLIES

Re: Unable to install Additional Talend Packages

Hi,
I am unable to install either the required or optional packages. If I click "Finish" on one or both packages, the application gets hung up trying to retrieve licenses (progress remains at 0%)

What's the build version you are using? 
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Build version is V5.6.0_20141024_1545

Hi,
We made a testing on Talend 5.6 studio, everything is OK. Could you please wait for a moment to see if it works?
Feel free to let us know if we are missing something.
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Sabrina,
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, Talend is still unable to retrieve licenses. 
It also gets hung up trying to connect, so the only way to terminate the process is to end task (via task manager).

Hi suvslayer,

Could you please indicate your OS version you are using? Have you checked document about: TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Platforms?

Best regards
Sabrina
--

I am actually having the same issue as the user above. I am using Talend Open Studio 5.6.1 Build id: V5.6.1_20141207_1530 on Windows 7 using Oracle Java 7 (32 bit).
I believe I was finally able to install the Required Packages, but it keeps hanging when installing the Optional packages, it gets hung up on the "Retrieving Licenses" step. I've tried to let this run for hours, but it never seems to move past this initial step. 
I had already imported an existing project and had some trouble installing the required components for that project. Talend seemed to always get hung up when trying to retrieve licenses. I was able to force these packages to install by doing a manual install for each individual library. Any thoughts?
Russ
One Star

I am actually having the same issue as the user above. I am using Talend Open Studio 5.6.1 Build id: V5.6.1_20141207_1530 on Windows 7 using Oracle Java 7 (32 bit).

Same here.

I was actually able to find a work around for this on Windows 7 Pro.
When I got the hung "Retrieving Licenses" message, I put my machine in Hibernation mode (leaving Talend running), then woke it up again. When it came back up, the license manager worked properly, I accepted the licenses and my downloads proceeded normally.
Not the cleanest of solutions, but it worked for me. Good Luck!
Russ
One Star

This was a huge issue for us when we deployed TAC 5.6.1 so we (Talend Support and I) ended up just installing some of the more critical ones manually and ignoring the rest. I've had a job fail to generate recently and my last ditch was to install the additional modules in the commandline studio (job would run in studio, but would not generate in TAC).
Knowing that this sucker would hang if I let it run on its own, I manually clicked every "Download and Install" button for all the missing modules. The ones that hung? All the modules which had the IPL/IBM Public License. These are the only ones that hang and sadly there doesn't appear to be a timeout so the entire process had to be killed.
We don't need these modules and the job now generates in TAC, but thought I would pass along the finding so that it can be fixed in an upcoming version.
Specs: Windows7, Talend v5.6.1, Java 1.7
One Star

The bug still exist in version 6.0.0M4. :mad:
One Star

We're experiencing the same issue.  Talend v5.6.1 with Java v7.79 (32bit) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

Hi littledirk,
What's your OS and JDK version?
Best regards
Sabrina
--

Hi John Dray,
You installed 32 bit JDK on 64 bit OS? Which applications you are using? TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe or TOS_DI-win32-x86.exe?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

The following works for me:
Install TOS 6.0.0M4 (works with Java 8) on another workstation (in my case another win7 workstation). Start TOS and try to download needed files. If it works fine, copy the whole TOS directory to your main workstation. Now it should work.
One Star

Hello there,
I'm having the same issue with Talend Open Studio for Big Data 5.6.2 on Mac OS 10.9.5.  The issue seems to revolve around the retrieval of licenses getting hung up.  I've tried canceling at the initial screen and then downloading them from modules section and that step hangs again there as well.  
One Star dcc
One Star

Hi:
I too have encountered the same problem:  Windows 7, x64...  using Java 7.
"Talend Open Studio for Big Data"
Version: 5.6.2
Build id: V5.6.2_20150508_1414
TOS_BD-win-x84_64.exe
At least on my machine, I found an odd workaround.  First, start up Talend.  Then cancel to install the packages.   Then shut down Talend Open Studio.  At this point, for me, the application informed me that there were missing packages and gave me the option of installing them, and successfully did so.  
One Star

Seems like the problem is solved in TOS 6.0.0RC1.
/edit
No, its not.

Hi littledirk,
Is your net working Ok with you? Have you already checked document about:TalendHelpCenter:Configuring Talend Studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi xdshi,
our net is working fine. no fw entries or something.
only problem is to retrieve the licences. it worked fine with older versions of TOS and also with 5.6.1.
can we download the licences manually?

Hi,
can we download the licences manually?

You can install jar file from module view manually.
Please take a look at documenta about:https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Identify+required+external+modules&content-lang=en
and
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Install+external+modules&content-lang=en

Let us know if it is OK with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Yep same bug here Talend Entperprise 5.6.1.20141207-1530 I can manually click and download but there are hundreds this is a major blocker, no way we can expect our users to spend hours doing this.
One Star

Looks like it json-20080701.jar and jt400-V6R1.jar that are causing the problem, rather than simply patching over these can you please fix the download process so it fails a bit more elegantly rather than just hanging perhaps?

Hi Stephen Elves,
Did you get the issue mentioned in jiar issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-3139?
can you please fix the download process so it fails a bit more elegantly rather than just hanging perhaps?

Have you already reported a ticket on Talend Support Portal?
https://support.talend.com/otrs/customer.pl
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Looks like it json-20080701.jar and jt400-V6R1.jar that are causing the problem, rather than simply patching over these can you please fix the download process so it fails a bit more elegantly rather than just hanging perhaps?

Where can we find jt400_v6r1.jar ?
On http://jt400.sourceforge.net/ we only can find jt400.jar. But TOS doesn't accepted this jar.
One Star

I paused my Anti Virus, and it fixed the issue (Windows 7, Talend Studio 6, using anti virus based on Kaseya)
One Star

I was actually able to find a work around for this on Windows 7 Pro.
When I got the hung "Retrieving Licenses" message, I put my machine in Hibernation mode (leaving Talend running), then woke it up again. When it came back up, the license manager worked properly, I accepted the licenses and my downloads proceeded normally.
Not the cleanest of solutions, but it worked for me. Good Luck!
Russ

I had the same issue for the longest time, until i had spare time to do research and found this forum-post
Thank you for your help. I did just like you and it works!!! yo are a genius.
"retrieving licenses" message for more than 2 hours and no change. This solved my problem.
Thank you
Windows 7 enterprise 64 bit
Talend 5.6.2.20150508_1414
One Star

This problem still exists in version 6.0.0 and given the number of people in different environments who are having this problem, it would be really helpful if support could stop asking which version people are working on and providing documentation links and simply fix the well documented, pervasive and highly disruptive bug in the software. This consumes an enormous amount of time, and frankly is frustration that leads me to explore other integration tools.
One Star

I paused my Anti Virus, and it fixed the issue (Windows 7, Talend Studio 6, using anti virus based on Kaseya)

Thx. That worked for me.
Win7, Talend Studio 6, 32bit Java, Kaspersky Antivirus
One Star

Appears to be related to anti-virus blocking install.
Was also able to complete after pausing anti virus that is running on the work station.
* KAV Endpoint security ver 10.2
*TOS for Data Integration 6.1