Unable to download et install new module

One Star

Unable to download et install new module

hello,
I installed TOS 5.4 on Windows XP.
I' m not able to install and download new module.
I tried to follow the procedure "How to install external modules in the Talend products" but i can't.
Even the button to download and the http links are not available for all the missing .jar
Furthermore "Help > Install Additional Packages in the Talend Studio menu" is not available.
Please can you explain me why i can't download new modules and how i can make it works
Thanks for your feedbacks.

Re: Unable to download et install new module

Hi,
I tried to follow the procedure "How to install external modules in the Talend products" but i can't.
Even the button to download and the http links are not available for all the missing .jar
Furthermore "Help > Install Additional Packages in the Talend Studio menu" is not available.

Did you use Talend Open Studio for Data Integaration 5.4? all the missing .jar is not available? Could you show us the screenshots of unavailable http link, download button...? Is working when you restart studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello,
Yes this is Talend Open Studio for Data Integaration 5.4
Is not working when i restart.
I put my new .jar under the folder \\Talend\bin\TOS_DI-Win32-r110020-V5.4.0\lib\java
I see those .jar under Talend but i can't install them.
Thanks for your help
Regards,

Hi,
There are two ways for you to export your new jar files:
1)Using tLibraryload component to load the jar file at the begininig of job. for example:
tLibraryLoad
|
tJava(on tJava, use the external API)
2)Creating custom routine, import the external jar file by clicking on the rouinte name and edting the routine libraries, and then call this routine in the job.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks for your feedbacks, but why some functionalities are not available on my Talend ?
I just want to install a new module by the classic way and i can't.
Have you got a solution in order to have all the features in my Talend ?
Regards,

Hi,
What components in your job design requires the installation of external modules? Did you also check the document TalendHelpCenter:Identify required external modules.
As a matter of fact, the Modules view lists all the modules required to use the components embedded in the Studio, including those missing Java libraries and drivers that you must install to get the relevant components or Metadata connection working., which is different from your custom jar file(new .jar).
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I want to install a plugin subclipse.
So, I have to put the Java librairies into "Talend\bin\TOS_DI-Win32-r110020-V5.4.0\lib\java" --> Done
And then i have to do:
- Click on : Help / SoftwareUpdates/FindAndInstall --> I can't
- Click on "new features to install " and add the corresponding website --> I can't
My problem is not concerning a component but in order to add a plugin.
How can i add this plugin ?
Thanks for your feedbacks,
Regards

Hi,
There are two ways for you to export your new jar files:
1)Using tLibraryload component to load the jar file at the begininig of job. for example:
tLibraryLoad
|
tJava(on tJava, use the external API)
2)Creating custom routine, import the external jar file by clicking on the rouinte name and edting the routine libraries, and then call this routine in the job.

Is it not working for you?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I had the same problem, using Talend 5.4 on Windows 7 x64. Everything "appeared" to work regarding external modules, however they never successfully installed. Upon reviewing the error log (Window > Show View > General > Error Log) I could actually see the file path was missing.
ROOT CAUSE: This turned out to be a missing folder beneath my Talend installation. I don't know why the installer didn't build that folder path on Talend install, or at least during external module install, but it didn't. Wonder if it has something to do with me having 2 versions of Talend on my machine. Anyway...
SOLUTION: Manually add the missing 2 folders "lib" and "java": {talend install folder}\TOS_DI-Win32-r110020-V5.4.0\lib\java\
After doing this, Talend external module installations worked just fine.
Four Stars

SOLUTION: Manually add the missing 2 folders "lib" and "java": {talend install folder}\TOS_DI-Win32-r110020-V5.4.0\lib\java\

This worked for me too! Thanks!

Hi,
Here is online document TalendHelpCenter:Install external modules.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Four Stars

hello all,
i had the same problem version TOS_DI-Win32-r117820-V5.5.0 in win7 32bits

no install buttons available when acessing the "download external modules".
solution : add network settings related to my proxy .
since im behind a proxy i had to had the proxy settings in use.
check your proxy url and port and had it to talend via:
window>preferences>general>network connections>change dropbox item "active provider" from "native" to "manual"
input the proxy values in http, https , schema. //
this solved my issue.
Regards

Hi julien rolland,
Is there any update for your issue? Feel free to post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
we are trying to install talend on windows server 2012 it installed that's fine.
but when we try to connect with database we need to install jar files.
but i am unable to download that files that download option is in disable mode.
how to solve this issue.
please kindly let me know.

Thanks,
Jagan

Hi Jagan,
What's the build version you are using? What's the missing jar?
Have you already checked document about:TalendHelpCenter:Install external modules?
Some modules are not available on the Talend website but can be downloaded directly from external websites. Once downloaded, these modules must be placed in specific folders.
For the studio, the downloaded modules must be placed in the following folder:<StudioPath>/lib/java
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hello,
I just installed Talend, and I am not able to install "Additional Talend Packages", because it is stopped while "retrieving license" process.
Could you please help me?
One Star