Four Stars

Talend V5.6.3 wont start on Windows 10 x64

Hello

I'm just starting to learn Talend :-)

I have Win10x64. I have Java v9 installed and the JAVA_HOME path set in my system variables.

This is what I did:

1)  Downloaded the .zip version of Talend V5.6.3.

2) Unzipped to directory c:\Talend\studio

but when starting up Talend (by running the TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe file), I get the below error in the log file:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2017-10-01 06:59:34.203
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:74)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
 at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)

Many thanks in advance for your help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Four Stars

(RESOLVED) Re: Talend V5.6.3 wont start on Windows 10 x64

*********Resolved***************

This problem has been resolved.

I ended up downloading TOS-DI V6.3.2, installed JDK 1.8 and set my Java_home paths...

This issue can be closed.

Re: (RESOLVED) Re: Talend V5.6.3 wont start on Windows 10 x64

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know that you issue has been resolved.

Here is online documents about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems and TalendHelpCenter:Java.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
2 REPLIES
Four Stars

(RESOLVED) Re: Talend V5.6.3 wont start on Windows 10 x64

*********Resolved***************

This problem has been resolved.

I ended up downloading TOS-DI V6.3.2, installed JDK 1.8 and set my Java_home paths...

This issue can be closed.

Re: (RESOLVED) Re: Talend V5.6.3 wont start on Windows 10 x64

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know that you issue has been resolved.

Here is online documents about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems and TalendHelpCenter:Java.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.