Talend + Teradata + Windows how ?!?!?!

One Star

Talend + Teradata + Windows how ?!?!?!

Morning guys.
Im new using talend but as far as i know talend dont have any connector for teradata runing under windows ?!?!
If anyone here knows any connector pls help me
Thanks in advance
José Mario
One Star

Re: Talend + Teradata + Windows how ?!?!?!

Helo José,
Did you try using Generic ODBC ?
As far as I know, Teradata haves some specifics apps to run it's scripts, like BTeq, FastExport, MultiLoad, etc.
Even if you had the ODBC or JDBC connection with Teradata, it wouldnt be interesting to create your jobs without using the TD apps.
What you could do, as a workaround, is to define your own scripts manually, and then call the scripts using the talend system command component. Also, you could customize your components to generate the proper script.
I know that this sounds too "manual" but could work while the predefined components are not created within Talend.
Regards,
Luiz Filipe
Employee

Hello
As lfilipe said, ODBC should help you to connect to your Teradata, but if you want a fast access, note that you'll need a native access!
On cpan a DBI module is available (DBD::Terradata at http://search.cpan.org/~darnold/DBD-Teradata-1.50/lib/DBD/Teradata.pm ). You can create a feature on our bugtracker to follow this development.
However, before we create this component, we will wait for the terradata server running on Linux to be released by Terradata. (We met terradata team last week.)
HTH.
One Star

Hello,
I'm trying to connect from Talend to Teradata using Teradata ODBC Driver for Windows Release 3.03.00.08, but follow error appear:
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
Driver does not support specified fInfoType
Can you help me?
Regards
Logdanny