Five Stars

Talend Studio for DQ - Bad maven reference for apache-curator

Installing optional modules for Talend Studio Data Quality 7.0.1.20180411_1414, it stops short with 301 modules remaining.  Error resolving artifact org.apache.curator: apache-curator:jar:2.6.0: Could not find artifact org.apache.curator:apache-curator:jar:2.6.0 in central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/)

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Talend Studio for DQ - Bad maven reference for apache-curator

Hello,

What's your test VM? We cannot repro this issue on window 10.

Have you tried to pause your Anti Virus to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
5 REPLIES

Hello,

Please make sure your Internet connection works fine. Did you install JDK 1.8 in your machine and your java setting is correct? Are you behind proxy?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Java JDK 1.8.0_171 and no proxy/firewall on my test VM. TOS 7.0.1.20180411_1414

An error occurred (Error resolving artifact org.apache.curator:apache-curator:jar:2.6.0: Could not find artifact org..apache.curator:apache-curator:jar:2.6.0 in central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/)).

Visiting that maven path, indeed there is a folder for apache-curator, but unlike other folders in the same area, it does not contain a jar file. There is a .pom file and the sources.  Perhaps the maintainers of this folder forgot to put the compiled jar? Or should it be excluded from Talend's list of modules to download?

This error is blocking DQ from installing 300 other modules.

Hello,

What's your test VM? We cannot repro this issue on window 10.

Have you tried to pause your Anti Virus to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

The initial occurrence was on a company Windows 7 where I can't control the proxy or AV software. Reproduced this on my personal Ubuntu 16.04 desktop. I must have been behind a proxy somewhere, though I was sure I was on my mobile hotspot. Running this from home, it loads cleanly it appears.

Five Stars

Well, I need to reopen this issue.  Tried defining a MSSQL connector and the update dialog popped up showing I still needed to load 301 plugins.  It dies almost immediately on the apache-curator.

Where is the list that defines what maven plugin modules should be loaded?