Talend Studio for DQ - Bad maven reference for apache-curator

Five Stars

Talend Studio for DQ - Bad maven reference for apache-curator

Installing optional modules for Talend Studio Data Quality 7.0.1.20180411_1414, it stops short with 301 modules remaining.  Error resolving artifact org.apache.curator: apache-curator:jar:2.6.0: Could not find artifact org.apache.curator:apache-curator:jar:2.6.0 in central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/)

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions

Re: Talend Studio for DQ - Bad maven reference for apache-curator

Hello@pgruenbeck

Thanks for your time.

From your description, it seems that you had met sqlexplorer jar issue before.

Actually, we fixed this jira issue https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDQ-15771 two weeks ago. An issue about sqlexplorer and top.chart jars not available Nexus for TDQ 7.0.1

Did you have error resolving artifact org.apache.curator: apache-curator:jar issue when you click "Help" --> "Install Additional Packages" on talend open studio for data quality v 7.0.1?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hello,

Please make sure your Internet connection works fine. Did you install JDK 1.8 in your machine and your java setting is correct? Are you behind proxy?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Java JDK 1.8.0_171 and no proxy/firewall on my test VM. TOS 7.0.1.20180411_1414

An error occurred (Error resolving artifact org.apache.curator:apache-curator:jar:2.6.0: Could not find artifact org..apache.curator:apache-curator:jar:2.6.0 in central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/)).

Visiting that maven path, indeed there is a folder for apache-curator, but unlike other folders in the same area, it does not contain a jar file. There is a .pom file and the sources.  Perhaps the maintainers of this folder forgot to put the compiled jar? Or should it be excluded from Talend's list of modules to download?

This error is blocking DQ from installing 300 other modules.

Hello,

What's your test VM? We cannot repro this issue on window 10. Does this issue repro when you are installing talend open studio for data integration?

Have you tried to pause your Anti Virus to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

The initial occurrence was on a company Windows 7 where I can't control the proxy or AV software. Reproduced this on my personal Ubuntu 16.04 desktop. I must have been behind a proxy somewhere, though I was sure I was on my mobile hotspot. Running this from home, it loads cleanly it appears.

Four Stars

Has anyone fixed this? I'm also experiencing this issue. I've looked in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 for apache-curator2.6.0, but I could not find it. I'm using a CentOS 7.5 box and TOS Open Studio for MDM. I'm not being locked down by any firewall, proxy, or antivirus.

image.png

image.png

Hello,

Are you able to use the "Install Additional Packages" function within the "Help" to download the JAR / modules? Are you able to reach out talend-update.talend.com?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

That is method I was using from the start. "Help" --> "Install Additional Packages", and that's where I get this error. It is preventing me from installing the remaining packages. I'm also not familiar with the talend-update.talend.com website...what value does that website provide?

Two Stars

Hi,

I am experiencing this same issue.  The discussion thread is set to "Solved!" but I do not see a solution to the problem in the thread.  If this issue has been resolved could someone kindly point me to the solution.

Also, I am able to access both http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ and https://talend-update.talend.com.  So, I don't think this is an access issue.  The client seems to be looking for something that it is not finding in the repository.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hello,

The original poster has chosen to set this thread as solved (this is not an admin or automated task) and that it seems that for the original poster, pausing the anti-virus was the solution before.

But it may not have been any solution for any one. We have re-opened this topic.

We have created a jira issue on talend bug tracker. Sorry for our silence. We do our best to answer as many posts as possible.

Best regards

Sabrina

--

Hello bprentice77

Talend Studio tries to download these additional modules from talend-update.talend.com/nexus.

We have created a jira issue on talend bug tracker:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDQ-15717.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Six Stars

Thanks, we got an update notice last week or so and its working now.

Hello

@bprentice77

@gbrandel

Is this issue fixed from your side?

Best regards

Sabrina

--

Hello pgruenbeck,

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please give us more information about this "update notice"? Is it from talend team or your own IT administrator? Our data quality developers are working on this issue with a lot of effort and we will appreciate it a lot if you could give us more information about this.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Six Stars

It was not an anti-virus issue as it occurred on 3 completely separate systems, one of which did not have anti-virus installed (Ubuntu). It suddenly prompted to download additional missing modules about 2 weeks ago and SQLexplorer installed. Now we have the fantastic drill down capability and some nice graphics.

Community Manager

HI @pgruenbeck

Thanks  for the feedback. 

Would you mind giving more details  about which modules were missing exactly that you were prompted 2 weeks ago? 

Do you mean that the prompt required that you install SQLexplorer?

Cheers,

Elisa

Hello@pgruenbeck

Thanks for your time.

From your description, it seems that you had met sqlexplorer jar issue before.

Actually, we fixed this jira issue https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDQ-15771 two weeks ago. An issue about sqlexplorer and top.chart jars not available Nexus for TDQ 7.0.1

Did you have error resolving artifact org.apache.curator: apache-curator:jar issue when you click "Help" --> "Install Additional Packages" on talend open studio for data quality v 7.0.1?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Six Stars

Yes, that describes the problem we had originally where it could not find a jar file.  That folder had a different structure than other folders in the neighborhood. It suddenly prompted us to download the missing modules - so exciting - Thanks.

Six Stars

This issue blocking installation of some 700 components has returned with TOS Big Data 7.0.1b
Checking the contents of the Maven folder at the referenced address confirms there is no jar file here.

org/apache/curator/apache-curator/2.6.0
../
apache-curator-2.6.0-site.xml 2014-07-08 02:59 5533
apache-curator-2.6.0-site.xml.asc 2014-07-08 02:59 882
apache-curator-2.6.0-site.xml.asc.md5 2014-07-08 02:59 32
apache-curator-2.6.0-site.xml.asc.sha1 2014-07-08 02:59 40
apache-curator-2.6.0-site.xml.md5 2014-07-08 02:59 32
apache-curator-2.6.0-site.xml.sha1 2014-07-08 02:59 40
apache-curator-2.6.0-source-release.zip 2014-07-08 02:59 1249765
apache-curator-2.6.0-source-release.zip.asc 2014-07-08 02:59 882
apache-curator-2.6.0-source-release.zip.asc.m... 2014-07-08 02:59 32
apache-curator-2.6.0-source-release.zip.asc.s... 2014-07-08 02:59 40
apache-curator-2.6.0-source-release.zip.md5 2014-07-08 02:59 32
apache-curator-2.6.0-source-release.zip.sha1 2014-07-08 02:59 40
apache-curator-2.6.0.pom 2014-07-08 02:59 30359
apache-curator-2.6.0.pom.asc 2014-07-08 02:59 882
apache-curator-2.6.0.pom.asc.md5 2014-07-08 02:59 32
apache-curator-2.6.0.pom.asc.sha1 2014-07-08 02:59 40
apache-curator-2.6.0.pom.md5 2014-07-08 02:59 32
apache-curator-2.6.0.pom.sha1 2014-07-08 02:59 40

Log on screen:

java.lang.Exception: Download apache-curator-2.6.0.pom failed!
at org.talend.librariesmanager.utils.DownloadModuleRunnable.downLoad(DownloadModuleRunnable.java:136)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.utils.DownloadModuleRunnable.run(DownloadModuleRunnable.java:77)
at org.talend.updates.runtime.model.TalendWebServiceUpdateExtraFeature.install(TalendWebServiceUpdateExtraFeature.java:96)
at org.talend.updates.runtime.engine.InstallNewFeatureJob.installFeature(InstallNewFeatureJob.java:74)
at org.talend.updates.runtime.engine.InstallNewFeatureJob.run(InstallNewFeatureJob.java:65)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Error resolving artifact org.apache.curator:apache-curator:jar:2.6.0: Could not find artifact org.apache.curator:apache-curator:jar:2.6.0 in central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/)
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:630)
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:573)
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:548)
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:523)
at org.talend.core.nexus.TalendMavenResolver.resolve(TalendMavenResolver.java:87)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.model.service.LocalLibraryManager.resolveJar(LocalLibraryManager.java:401)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.utils.nexus.NexusDownloadHelperWithProgress.download(NexusDownloadHelperWithProgress.java:78)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.utils.DownloadModuleRunnable.downLoad(DownloadModuleRunnable.java:121)
... 5 more

Six Stars

This is occurring on a fresh download of TOS Big Data 7.0.1b
https://www.talend.com/download/thankyou/big-data-windows/

Hello,

Are you getting this issue when create a hive connection(no download any jars) and install the optional libraries in TOS Big Data 7.0.1? Our developers are working on  jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-20803.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Six Stars

I'm not a Hadoop user so I can't help you with Hive.

It was pretty simple to find - no job or anything to create. Just do a
fresh install of the download, then do the updates. First it will load
the standard ones, then run it again to get the 1000+ optional ones.
Accept all licenses and go.

Mine interrupted several times but just keep running it until its done
or gets stuck. The maven repo for apache curator folder does not contain
a jar, just source zip files.  I'm guessing the definition XML that
Talend uses to load modules needs to be updated.

Hello @pgruenbeck

Thanks for your details!

Does the issue 'apache-curator' block you to use TOS-BD? It is not necessary to download all optional modules before using TOS-BD. The required jars will be pop-up again as a download/install dialog when you need to use some detailed function.

Best regards

Sabrina

--