One Star

Talend Open Studio "Big Data" or "Data Integration"

Please could someone explain to me the difference between Open Studio for Big Data and Open Studio for Data Integration? Does Big Data contain all the components found in Data Integration and if so, what is the purpose of having two separate versions?

• Talend Studio
13 REPLIES

Re: Talend Open Studio "Big Data" or "Data Integration"

Hi,
For community version,
Talend Open Studio "Big Data" product combines big data components for MapReduce, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, HCatalog, Oozie, Sqoop and Pig into a unified open source environment so you can quickly load, extract, transform and process large and diverse data sets from disparate systems. See product introduction of http://www.talend.com/products/big-data
Talend Open Studio "Data Integration" provide massive scale integration (big data/ NoSQL), ETL for business intelligence and data warehousing, data synchronization, data migration, data sharing, and data services.
http://www.talend.com/products/data-integration
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Hi, I am also investigating community versions and with these free versions I am not able to clarify which product is suitable for our needs. We need "lots" of connectors ex. csv, Oracle, Postgresql, sqlserver etc. In some cases there CAN be needed some NoSQL support like MongoDB or/and Hadoop. As a optional case it would also be nice to add do some Junit/Testng integration tests that i could run with Maven in a external build machine.
So does Enterprise Data Integration support NOSQL like hadoop, MongoDB? Is there enough connectors and handling procedures in Enterprise Big Data? Is there any support for maven in these two products or is the Enterprise ESB the rigth product for our purposes?

Hi,
For community version,
Talend Open Studio "Big Data" product combines big data components for MapReduce, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, HCatalog, Oozie, Sqoop and Pig into a unified open source environment so you can quickly load, extract, transform and process large and diverse data sets from disparate systems. See product introduction of http://www.talend.com/products/big-data
Talend Open Studio "Data Integration" provide massive scale integration (big data/ NoSQL), ETL for business intelligence and data warehousing, data synchronization, data migration, data sharing, and data services.
http://www.talend.com/products/data-integration
Best regards
Sabrina

Hi,
We need "lots" of connectors ex. csv, Oracle, Postgresql, sqlserver etc.

These connector can be available in talend open studio for Data Integration.
In some cases there CAN be needed some NoSQL support like MongoDB or/and Hadoop.

MongoDB and Hadoop are only available in talend open studio for Bigdata.
As a optional case it would also be nice to add do some Junit/Testng integration tests that i could run with Maven in a external build machine.

Maven script is only available in Talend Enterprise Subscription Version.
In addition, Talend also provide Talend Enterprise Big Data and Talend Platform for Big Data on which you can get both Data Integration and Big Data bundles.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

I want to move data from MSSQL to Mongo
And another instance where I want to access HDFS and move it to MSSQL
Should I be installing big data or data integration?
Regards,
Namrata

Hi Namrata,
There is no Mongo component in Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.
For your job requirement, you should install Talend Open Studio for Big data product.

Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Hi,
I will be using Talend for multiple projects. Some projects will involve working with our regular RDMS (Oracle, MS SQL Server) along with flat files & excel. While other projects will have involve with Hadoop + Big Data platforms (cloudera to be precise).
I want to know whether I have to download both Talend Open studio for Data Integration and Talend Open studio for Big Data.
Or can't I have just one which will suffice my requirements. If so than which one
Currently I am having Talend Open studio for Data Integration but don't see any big data components or hadoop cluster connection in metadata repository
Employee

you will want to start off with TOS for Big Data.  It has the BD components you are looking for.  Keep in mind that there is some functionality in Talend Enterprise for BD and Talend Platform for Big Data which you will not have with TOS for BD, e.g. running native map-reduce jobs, profiling against Hive, etc.
One Star

So does the open studio big data also have the components found in he data integration tool?
One Star

PleASE NOTE  that i need an answer urgently, i need to know if in the Talend open studio for big data i can do the same transformations and aggregations that exist in the data integration and also have business rules.

Hi scorpioek,
This topic is a little old. Feel free to create a new topic for your issue.

The tRules component will be available in the Palette of the studio on the condition that you have subscribed to Talend Studio not open source.
You can find DI (TOS) in Talend open studio for Bigdata product.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Hi ,
I am getting the an error in my talendjob stating "coll_tmongodboutput_1 cannot be resolved error" while trying to do the ETL from excel to mongodb and i am not able to see the connections from the dropdown menu can you help me out 
thanks

Hi krengan21,
I am getting the an error in my talendjob stating "coll_tmongodboutput_1 cannot be resolved error" while trying to do the ETL from excel to mongodb and i am not able to see the connections from the dropdown menu can you help me out

Your issue is not very clear for us. Could you please give us more description about it? Screenshots will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina
Seven Stars

Hi,
For community version,
Talend Open Studio "Big Data" product combines big data components for MapReduce, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, HCatalog, Oozie, Sqoop and Pig into a unified open source environment so you can quickly load, extract, transform and process large and diverse data sets from disparate systems. See product introduction of

Best regards
Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,
if return to begin of topic - especially for Community version - could You provide any example, what included in Data Integration and not present in BigData?
With subscription version - all clean, the original question was about Open Studio. I personally start from Data Integration (5.), then for first NoSQL Job install 5.6 BigData ... and not found the nothing missed. 
For community version, question more academic - if one include other, why need have 2 product? Just interesting.
Best regards, Vlad
-----------