Talend Open Studio freezing during User License Agreement on Mac

Five Stars SmS
Five Stars

Talend Open Studio freezing during User License Agreement on Mac

I'm not able to run Talend Open Studio for Data Integration on Mac as it is freezing during the User License Agreement screen.

I've run the xattr -c command, and also tried adding the jdk/jre path to the Info.plist file. None of them seem to work. I've sent the same zip file to another similar mac system and it is running smoothly (after just extracting with the native extraction tool and then running xattr -c TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app).

I've tried this for the Big Data app as well, similar issue is occuring.

I'm using Mac (HighSierra Version 10.13.3).

My jdk version is 1.8.0_161 .

I found some logs from TOS_DI-20180116_1512-V6.5.1/workspace/.metadata/.log

which I'm attaching with this post.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions

Re: Talend Open Studio freezing during User License Agreement on Mac

Hello,

Could you please try to downgrade your jdk version from 1.8.0_161 to 1.8.0_151 to see if  it works?

Here exists a jira issue about 'Support for OSX High Sierra'.

https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-18888.

Let us know if the solution provided in this jira issue helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hello,

Could you please try to downgrade your jdk version from 1.8.0_161 to 1.8.0_151 to see if  it works?

Here exists a jira issue about 'Support for OSX High Sierra'.

https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-18888.

Let us know if the solution provided in this jira issue helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars SmS
Five Stars

Changing from Java 8 update 161 to update 151 fixed the issue.

I still don't get how such a minor change could crash the installer.

Anyway thanks.

Hello,

We are working on this issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-19313

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Two Stars

Hello,
I am currently facing the same problems setting up TOS on my Mac Sierra.
I did add the -vm string into my info.plist with the JVM path but doesn't seem to help.

I have jdk1.8.0_162 installed, but I can't find anywhere a place to download the jdk1.8.0_151 version, looks like Oracle removed it from their website.

Any idea to help would be great !

Four Stars

Hi,
I have the same problem with my installation.

My equipment is Mac OS High Sierra, with java 1.9. Well, in the past, I'm installing other versions of java, but when upgrading to the High Sierra, the talent crashes.

The solution

Looking for the JVM, I found 3 versions in the / Library / Java / JavaVirtualMachines / folder. jdk-9.0.1.jdk, jdk1.8.0_144.jdk, and jdk1.8.0_151.jdk. There is no variable for the specific version of java to open, it assumes the latest version.
  Well in the / Library / Java / JavaVirtualMachines folder / leave only the jdk1.8.0_151.jdk version.

execute !!

My scape in java terminal - version is:

java -version

java version "1.8.0_151"

Java (TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_151-b12)

Java HotSpot (TM) 64-bit VM server (build 25.151-b12, mixed mode)

Two Stars

Hello,

So far, Java 9 is not list on the compatible Java Environment.

Please have a look at this online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Java Environment.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars SmS
Five Stars

I had also tried using latest versions of Java, but they failed (on Mac). A safe bet is to just use an older version of Java for mac. I used Java 8 update 151 :

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html

(Java SE Development Kit 8u151)

Five Stars

Hi Team,
I have updated the java version as suggested, but still the freezing issue is persisting. Kindly help
Five Stars

Hi Team,

I have updated the java version on my MACOS Sierra to 1.8.0_151 as suggested in the thread, but still its in the frozen state and m not able to proceed post the license acknowledge step.

Four Stars

Hi Team, 

I am also facing the same issue. I updated the info.plist file with the application. Also updated the JAVA paths to point to java jdk1.8.0_151.jdk version. Still this doesn't solve the freezing problem. Attaching the info.plist file. 

Dhirajs-MacBook-Pro:~ dhirajhundlani$ /usr/libexec/java_home -V

Matching Java Virtual Machines (4):

1.8.0_161, x86_64: "Java SE 8" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_161.jdk/Contents/Home

1.8.0_151, x86_64: "Java SE 8" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk/Contents/Home

1.6.0_65-b14-468, x86_64: "Java SE 6" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home

1.6.0_65-b14-468, i386: "Java SE 6" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home

These are the JVMs I have already

Any help is much appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Dhiraj

Five Stars

Apologies for updating late, this issue was resolved after updating the jdk version and updating the PST file to point to that jdk version.

Thanks!
Raghuvansh.
Five Stars

Hello Diraj,

have you tried updating the Java home to the version -1.8.0_151 and then I see in the pst file you have updated it.. but can you update in the order attached. It actually fixed the issue in my machine.

export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8.0_151`

Five Stars

Hi Raghu

Can you please let me know where exactly do we need to make changes to point to right Java version for Talend? I am new to Mac, and I downgraded my version to 1.8.0_151. When I check with java -version in terminal, I see that's the only version that I have installed. This is my JAVA_HOME variable.. this also points to correct version.. 

JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk/Contents/Home

My accept terms and conditions window is still frozen. Please help.

Thanks

Two Stars

Hi,

Be sure to have only one java installed : 

Before :

macbook-pro-de-jeremy:TOS_DI-20180411_1414-V7.0.1 jfontaine$ /usr/libexec/java_home -V 
Matching Java Virtual Machines (4):
    1.8.0_162, x86_64:	"Java SE 8"	/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_162.jdk/Contents/Home
    1.8.0_151, x86_64:	"Java SE 8"	/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk/Contents/Home
    1.6.0_65-b14-468, x86_64:	"Java SE 6"	/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
    1.6.0_65-b14-468, i386:	"Java SE 6"	/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home

After cleaned :

macbook-pro-de-jeremy:TOS_DI-20180411_1414-V7.0.1 jfontaine$ /usr/libexec/java_home -V 
Matching Java Virtual Machines (1):
    1.8.0_151, x86_64:	"Java SE 8"	/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk/Contents/Home

That solved my problem.

Four Stars

This still doesn't work. It is quite annoying. I have Mac Sierra 10.12.6 and have tried Talend Open Studio ESB 6.5 and 7.0 with both java 1.8.0_181 and 1.8.0_151 and I can not get past the I accept button on the license screen....

Hello,

Have you already tried to set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to this 1.8.0_151 version add a -vm option in TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.ini?

If these solutions are still not helpful, could you please try to modify the TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app/Contents/Info.plist adding a line to force the JDK 1.8_151

<key>Eclipse</key>
<array>
<string>-vm</string><string>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java</string>
</array>

Let us know if it works

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

I ended up getting it to work. I think the trick was having to remove completely the other versions of java machines to where I only kept the 8u151 version and set it as my HOME PATH. I also had to modify the TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app/Contents/Info.plist file to force the new version and once all that was done I needed to go in to the Java Control Panel and delete the temp files and then restart. These last two steps where the critical things. Once rebooted I confirmed the version of java was 8u151 in the terminal and in the Java Control Panel. What a pain though..and I have to remember to never update my java while I use this which personally I like to have the most updated versions since issues get patched.

Hello All,

We were confirmed by R&D that 7.1 which will be out in October this year will have the fix. M3 is currently available for download if you want to give it a try and it includes the fix: https://www.talend.com/products/data-integration/data-integration-manuals-release-notes/.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars poc
Four Stars

Thanks for all the notes here.  After having to reformat because Mojave keeps randomly restarting on me, I installed HighSierra.

Anyways, when re-intalling version 7.0.1 i got the freezing part as well.

Last resort was to go into the folder /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/ and delete the other versions and ONLY leave the /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk.   Then it finally worked.  I hope the newer version fixes this.