Talend Open Studio for Big Data hangs on startup (Sierra)

Four Stars

Talend Open Studio for Big Data hangs on startup (Sierra)

Talend Version:   6.3

Java Version:  java version "1.8.0_161"

Mac OS:  Sierra 10.12.6

Steps taken:

Expanded the installer .zip file.

Run the xattr -c * command (found this is a post and it got me by the error about not being about to find associated components errors).

When I try to start Talend it gets to the page where asks to accept the User License Agreement and things hang (i.e. can not click the "I accept" button.).

The log file contains (NOTE:  This content is the same as the log file for a working version on a Mac El Capitan laptop):

!SESSION 2018-01-29 12:12:21.655 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.8.0_161

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US

Framework arguments:  -keyring /Users/tom.saxen/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -keyring /Users/tom.saxen/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.compare.win32 4 0 2018-01-29 12:12:22.556

!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR

!STACK 0

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.compare.win32 [86]

Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: eclipse.platform; filter:="(osgi.os=win32)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1561)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.ecore 2 0 2018-01-29 12:12:25.097

!MESSAGE Both 'org.talend.model' and 'org.talend.model' register a package for 'platform:/resource/org.talend.model/model/TalendFile.xsd'

Any ideas as to why the processing is hanging?

Accepted Solutions

Re: Talend Open Studio for Big Data hangs on startup (Sierra)

Hello,

Could you please take a look at this solved topic:https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/Installation-issue-on-Mac-OS/m-p/48598#M194...

Let us know if it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies
Employee

I had the same issue a few days ago. 

To make the studio work, I needed to use java version 1.8.0_151 (161 and 162 did not work for me), and I had to change the plist as described here: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-18888?focusedCommentId=525627&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin...

In addition, I had to add the following to the TOS_BD-macosx-cocoa.ini file: 

-vm
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk/Contents/Home/jre

Hope this helps! 

Hello,

Could you please take a look at this solved topic:https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/Installation-issue-on-Mac-OS/m-p/48598#M194...

Let us know if it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.